Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private Lessons Avoriaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning ahead for the second trip of the year coming up in mid-March, me and MrsBTOL are off to Avoriaz for a week. For the first time I won't have a snowboard with me and I am planning on just taking the skis. Bearing in mind I only started skiing for the first time last year for 2 1/2 day lessons, and then had a few days on rental skis in Samoens over half term (really shouldn't have bothered, it was manic). Had two full days on skis a couple of weeks ago but that is pretty much my full experience of skiing (though been snowboarding for 20 years). Me and MrsBTOL are broadly at the same standard, she'll ski blues fine but doesn't anything too steep, I'll be more than happy on blues and the occasional red too.

Bearing all that in mind, I'm interested in one or two morning's private lesson in Avoriaz, working on parallel turns for us both, skating, edge control and starting to build up speed a bit (frustrating for me as I know how fast I can go on the board but on ski's its like I am stuck in second gear).

So, recommendations for good quality ski schools or private instructors in Avoriaz. Please!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PDS Ski Academy were great for us last year. I priced around and they were no more expensive than anyone else.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pete Hughes at Freedom to Ski is a good call. He's based out of avoriaz and is also a BASI trainer.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both I'll look in to both of those
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ended up booking with Freedom to Ski for a couple of hours of private tuition. So far so good with the booking process and a good chat with Pete last night on the phone.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Had the lesson today with Luc from Freedom to Ski. He was excellent, very positive throughout and gave some great points to improve out technique. Mrs BTOL's confidence has improved dramatically too from just one lesson, to the extent that she was carving down runs without thinking about it whereas only a few days earlier she would have been much more tentative. I would definitely recommend them again to anyone looking for lessons in Avoriaz.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy