Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Mongie,France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going there in March 05 and havent been there before..

Can anyone tell me anything about it (anything !)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went 20 years ago, but since no one else has answered your question and you asked for anything, here's what I recall:

- The "Village" is little more than a collection of hotels near the top of the pass (& in summer it's a well known climb on the Tour de France - the Col du Tourmalet). So don't go expecting any local character or much in the way of night life in La Mongie (although the linked spa town of Bareges is a genuine old community which is comparatively attractive)

- The ski area is reasonably extensive for beginners/intermediates, pretty limited for advanced. It's also quite high, so good likelihood of decent snow

- If all else fails (foul weather or in need of a miracle), you are within an hour of Lourdes - a monument to the most tacky souvenir shops on the planet. e.g. Bottles for sale to collect the holy water that are shaped like the Virgin Mary, with her head as a screw-on bottle top!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy