Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bus Between La Tania and Le Praz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going away to La Tania for New Year and intend taking snowboard lessons with RTM (Ride The Mountain). Unfortunately the lessons are in Courchevel 1850 and begin at 9.15. I'm not sure that we would have enough time to get from La Tania to Courchevel using the lifts and then boarding down (I’ve no idea what time the lifts open or how long it would take). It has been suggested that we catch a bus from La Tania to Le Praz and then get the telecabine from Le Praz to Courchevel 1850. Does anyone know about this bus? How frequent is it, how long does it take, what time does it run, etc.?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
John Scott, not sure about bus start times etc but I think it takes about 30 mins between the 2 resorts, give or take a bit.

I think the gondola in La Tania starts about 9.00 ish. From memory it takes about 1/2 hour to get to 1850 from La Tania via about 2 other lifts (I'm going from memory and not having a piste map to hand), which might make it a bit tight getting there on time for 9.15. One option might be to arrange to meet the group somewhere above 1850 say at 9.30.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just accessed the latania.co.uk site and it looks like we are unlucky as the first bus leaves La Tania at 9.10 and the lifts open at 9.00. Thanks Colin for your help.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It looks a bit tight. First bubble at La Tania and then the poma should get you to Chenus by 9.10 (depending on weather conditions and how quick they get up and running). It's a full blast for 5 minutes from there to 1850 (but not sure what standard you are).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Without driving I don't think it's possible to get up to 1850 for a 9.15 lesson. Can you switch to 11.30?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sayrhead, it certainly is tight! My wife refuses to use drag lifts so it would have to be the chair. I suspect that on the first day it would take us more than 5 minutes to get down to 1850.
rob@rar.org.uk, I don't think that they have any group lessons starting at 11.30. I think we may take a private lesson one afternoon but I prefer group lessons.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
John Scott, what ski school are you using? I think that both New Generation and Supreme have classes which start at 11.30.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RTM - Ride the Mountain - snowboarding, hence the reluctance to use the drag lift. If we were on skis we could probably make 9.15!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy