Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lake Louise - when to go?

Poster: A snowHead
Just WON a trip to Lake Louise. I have an open ticket in terms of dates so any opinions as to when is the best time? I'm thinking of early March. Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Richie, you amazingly lucky... er, lucky person you!! Wow!!!

When to go - any time!

When to come back - never!

At least, that's how I felt after 2 weeks there earlier this year. Mr. Green

Seriously though, early March is good. Avoid January if you can as temperatures can drop to silly levels (I'm talking -40! Skullie )
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agree, with this. Anytime but not Jan.
A friend had to walk the lenght of Banff town and thought he would not make it.
It was in Jan and -40c at night. Fantastic snow conditions though so I would
be thinking early feb might work well, good temps equal good snow..!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
JT, we went then ,it was still quite cold. I would have thought early March better.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen

Yes, I would take the cold temps for the good snow. Might shy away from -40 but I would go early feb for this reason.
But then I would go anytime to Banff/Lake Loise...!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Richie, You lucky lucky b%@~*&%£ Im off to Banff in early March a couple of other snowheads are also in the area at the time. Early March is good for Canada you get great snow without the really freezing temperatures of January average for March is about -9 I think.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Come on then I need to know , how did you win? Twisted Evil I need to win a competion it's the only way i'll be able to afford to gio away with the kids ( 4 & 7 )!!!!!!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My parents have been in LL in late Jan early feb on a couple of occasions and not had horrendous problems with the temperature. The average isnt THAT bad..... fair enough last year it did make it to -40 odds but I think that is an exception rather than the rule. On the plus side...... if you like it quiet and will bear the cold, then mid Jan to early feb is really quiet and peaceful and you can get powder all to yourself!

ad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just back from LL

Daytime temperatures -12 to -15

Night -17 to -25

All the fresh pow to myself, no one about.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
vtoakley,
Watched a skiing/boarding programme on telly. Texted the answer in, won a holiday. Simple! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Makes you sick, doesn't it? Early March should be fantastic in LL.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Richie, it's good to know that someone genuinely does win those competitions.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tony Lane,
I've still not seen it in black and white......maybe I should've kept quiet until then!!!.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You jammy thing Richie! We're there middle-ish of March, can get pretty cold earlier on in the year. Enjoy!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JT wrote:

Yes, I would take the cold temps for the good snow. Might shy away from -40 but I would go early feb for this reason.
But then I would go anytime to Banff/Lake Loise...!!

That's what we thought, and to be fair, it wasn't unbearably cold but you couldn't sit outside with a beer. And on the days it snowed it was freezing. Locals all said, the snow was still dry and powdery, but the temps less cold in March. Oh and mid-Feb is a Holiday weekend in US and Alberta(President's Day) and the slopes were very crowded when that was on.
ski holidays
I usually go to LL in late Jan/early Feb - yes it is very cold, last season was -50 with windchill and EVERYONE I was skiing with got frostbite on their faces... however it is deserted and beautiful but if you've got kids, probably not a good idea temperature wise. On the other hand the families I've met there at that time of year have paid for group lessons for their kids and ended up with one-on-one tuition all week! Horses for courses!
snow report
Congrats. Richie, I've been there at the end of April and over Xmas. This year I'm going mid March which I hope will be perfect. In my experience, the snow in the area dosen't usually disappear it just keeps building up, so for you March or April should be fine.
latest report
johnboy, how was your trip?
snow report
I generally go late March, but that's because then, and early January are the only times my work committments allow me. January's way too cold: second week in March should be ideal.
ski holidays
I will be there on the 12th of Jan any advice on how many layers to wear? Confused
ski holidays
clive ward wrote:
I will be there on the 12th of Jan any advice on how many layers to wear? Confused

I'll be there on the 20th so would be intrigued to know the answer! Having been advised to go to MEC in calgary, I was figuring on asking them as they should know best!

ad
ski holidays
I had my 1st go skiing at Sunshine Village (nearby) 2 yrs ago during a late feb climbing trip. Snow was fantastic, though walking to a Canmore hot tub wearing nothing apart from swimming shorts and with bare feet was a little chilly - snow covered carpark and -19C only to find the cover locked shut. Full days lessons with lift pass and equip hire was £35. Check out the Chateau by Lake Louise... fantastic ice carvings, and if you climb there is a 3 pitch waterfall at the end of the lake.
snow report
Take lots and lots of layers - the last few winters have been really odd and it's varied from -50 to +1! I usually wear 4/5 layers on top including ski jacket. You'll need a balaclava/neck warmer/nose cover at the very least and I'd advise taking some vaseline to smear over any exposed bits - it does seem to keep the frostbite away.
snow report
Its CONFIRMED. The competition organisers have confirmed that 12 March is ok so I'm off to Banff/LL thanks to the C4 skiing show. Get In !!! Very Happy Very Happy Madeye-Smiley snowHead
latest report
Richie, are you sure? Hate to disappoint you but I won that trip. Now, hand over the tickets. Go on. They're mine.
snow conditions
March is a great time to go, you lucky bast***d!
ski holidays
Might see you there then Richie snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
I 'spose I should get the beers in to celebrate! Very Happy
We're staying at the Chateau Lake Louise. Should be arriving mid afternoon on the Saturday. I'll be at the bar shortly afterwards.....I think that hotel has about 8 bars.......oh dear......plus all that powder......oh dear. Better get my insurance sorted out! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cathy Coins, Where are you staying??
ski holidays
That's a touch Richie, congrats. I'll be in Banff from the 16th March.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy