Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Military Fitness.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've resurrected this thread as it was the most recent one on here Little Angel

I went to a BMF class for the first time tonight and it was quite tough, but I did enjoy it (after the first 15-20 mins!). I hadn't really done any regular exercise since the end of April due to various 'excuses' so I was expecting it to be hard going. If anyone else's past experiences are anything to go by, I expect that I will ache come tomorrow morning Laughing I'm going to go again though.

Apart from the people that have already answered on this thread or the previous threads, does anyone here go to BMF and if so what results/weight losses has it achieved for you?

I should imagine if done regularly it achieves good results quite quickly (as long as you don't get injured doing it and assuming healthy eating at the same time of course).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm now live in HK and do a similar boot camp class at the gym. It's awesome and such a good all round work out. I mix it up with TRX, running, body pump, yoga and pilates.

Keep it up!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beanie1, hello, oh glad you found something similar in Hong Kong, sounds great.

I'm feeling alright today, I'm quite surprised actually, a few I spoke to last night said they were sore for about 4 days after the first class, but so far so good.

It does feel like every muscle has been used, especially the abs, which is a good thing. It reminds me of how it feels when you go swimming and do a lot of lengths for the first time in ages.

I can't physically go again until next week (need to wait for day off to come around) as there's no way I can get there in time for the start when I'm working but when I've moved back to Uni in a few weeks time it will be 10 mins away in the car. 2-3 times a week should be do-able then.

I think it has incentivised me to do other activities as well, I think I shall go swimming later this week.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
VolklAttivaS5, when you're not sore the day after is often a sign it's going to be reeeaaallly bad - 2 days later!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beanie1 wrote:
VolklAttivaS5, when you're not sore the day after is often a sign it's going to be reeeaaallly bad - 2 days later!

Eeeek beanie1!

Laughing I must admit that in the past I've tended to notice it more the 2nd day. It seems to be a bit worse now thinking about it than it was first thing this morning but I'm battling on. I can still walk anyway, at the moment wink wink

I think the trick is to keep moving, don't sit for long periods of time etc.

It can only get better Very Happy I am looking forward to going regularly and seeing the forthcoming results! Good way of meeting new people too, there is a big turn out at this class I went to last night. The first 15-20 mins last night were a bit bleeuuuurgh Going green The exercises which involve strength, power, and speed/sprinting I could do quite well despite a few months of not doing a lot but it's the incessant running around that I find hard work. Luckily the running part can be improved quite quickly......I hope.

I can run 30-40 mins on a treadmill but running outside at someone else's pace is much harder on both counts. It's good because you then no longer stay at your own plateau when you have to run to someone else's beat.

I can understand what you meant on one of the other threads about going back too soon. It is tempting to go back within a day or two because it is quite fun but I think that would be a mistake at the moment. It's just as well I can't go back until next day off, I think.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy