Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Military Fitness.

Poster: A snowHead
I know that we've had a thread on this already, but hey it's summer, we've got nothing better to talk about. Anyone been? What's it like? Is it very social?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
.... aside from the fitness business of the same name, if you are called up, it helps if you are at peak fitness .....

..... long desert walks will be the norm ... looking for someone called Osama .... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are classes in Plymouth - I was curious - do you need to be reasonably fit before you go?!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kramer, as you might expect from me....I hated every minute of it Laughing

I found it pretty social and in London they run social events.

The groups are split into unfit (me!) and those with greater fitness levels. It is relentless running and circuit training working with others in the group. I did work hard enough to improve my stamina on running but I never could do a press up.

I think you would do very well.

beanie1 asked about this a while back - maybe a search?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What is it?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
richmond, it's an earnest attempt to kill you, for which you pay. Serving or former military fitness instructors make you run/jump/press-up etc your way round your local park. Expect to find yourself leopard crawling uphill to an enemy mortar emplacement or carrying a woulded comrade in a piggyback. I enjoyed it - the cool-down stretch at the end was my fave bit, and I certainly did get fitter. Am trying to persuade myself to start again...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I use to enjoy it but it is hard work and TBH if you only go once a week it will not be worth while it's a big gain if done often but once it a while will just tire you out.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dwarf Vader, I was doing it once a week or even fortnight, and it still helped.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kramer, in a recent thread about BASI courses you said you didn't like the idea of too regimented instruction. Surely military PT guys are going to beast you to hell and back...?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
vetski, as long as you did other training Smile

The benifit from this heavy type of training if done a few times a week is very quick and large, however it could also lead to injuries.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dwarf Vader, yup, there was other exercise too. Also an injury - a partial dislocation of the shoulder after tripping over a kerb and slamming down onto an exposed tree root. Very painful. However, I'm so hard that I finished my session (sit-ups rather than press-ups when requied, naturally). I won't do winter evening sessions any more though!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
vetski, I jacked it when they said we had to run in the park in the dark and I could strap a light to my head if i was a wuss rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm thinking of incorporating one session a week into my routine. Mainly for the social side (the spinning class isn't particularly friendly), and also because when training I do seem to respond well to this sort of beasting.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So I guess that what I'm really asking, is are there many fit girls who do it? Little Angel
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I didn't mind running in the dark till I hurt myself, they were very careful to make sure no-one was ever alone in case the were any dodgy folk about. The real bogger was that I was going skiing a week later. Pole planting was agony, though it did at least teach me not to drag my arm!
snow report
Kramer, I've done it, holidayloverxx's done it - so clearly the answer is yes, isn't it? Little Angel Little Angel
latest report
vetski, I notice that both those are in the past tense. wink
ski holidays
Kramer wrote:
So I guess that what I'm really asking, is are there many fit girls who do it? Little Angel

I go to a David Lloyd circuit training class which used to be called "army barmy" and there are plenty of fit (in both senses of the word) ladies who go there and regularly out run me Sad ....
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
Kramer wrote:

I go to a David Lloyd circuit training class which used to be called "army barmy" and there are plenty of fit (in both senses of the word) ladies who go there and regularly out run me Sad ....

Surprized they haven't thrown you out, stalking is afterall a criminal offence.
snow conditions
Kramer, notwithstanding the lovely vetski and the less lovely me, yes - fit girls certainly do do it, get yerself signed up my boy wink
snow conditions
Kramer, the problem from our perspective is the lack of fit guys. So get out there and let us know if there are any. Toofy Grin
snow report
vetski, But you know one already Wink X
snow report
Dwarf Vader, you are gorgeous, of course, but you're a long way away...
snow report
Just got back from my first session. Quite good fun, but I think I need to be in a tougher group to be pushed properly.
ski holidays
Kramer, there's a mob in Hereford who might push you. wink
snow conditions
laundryman, my previous personal trainer was an ex-para. He said that you could always tell that mob on the Fan Dance, because they'd tab past you whilst chain smoking...

They divide you into three groups, and if you're new then they put you in the beginner's group, where there were quite a few people who were cheating and not doing the right number of reps.
ski holidays
Kramer, you must have nicer chaps than I did...we didn't HAVE a beginners group. I didn't always do the right number of reps, but more cos I couldn't that cos I wouldn't! The virtuous glow afterwards is nice, though.
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
Surely military PT guys are going to beast you to hell and back...?
And that's just the warm up! Shocked

I think that I might start these sessions, always enjoyed PT at BRNC and I became far and away my fittest when I was there. I like having someone pushing you, and for some reason, that feeling of verging on death from about twenty minutes in was actually quite enjoyable. Skullie
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kramer wrote:
there were quite a few people who were cheating and not doing the right number of reps.

I see this in my circuit class as well, it winds me up, but ultimately they are cheating themselves.....
ski holidays
kitenski, well they were all quite podgy girls. Hmm, I wonder why they're not losing weight then...
latest report
I went along to a couple of sessions last autumn, really enjoyed the first, but on the second I strained a stomach muscle!! That put me out for a few weeks, and then I moved to London. Unfortunately where I currently live / work there are no sessions nearby, but I would definitely go back.
snow report
My abs are killing me today.
latest report
Kramer wrote:
My abs are killing me today.

Kramer wrote:
well they were all quite podgy girls.

coincidence? I think not Wink
latest report
So why do so many women go, has it got something to do with men in military uniform? Toofy Grin
snow report
Dwarf Vader, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Kramer, thinks that's why i strained a muscle, mine were killing me too after my first session and i went back again too soon. I was only scrambling along the ground!
ski holidays
bloody hell, i thought body pump was hard enough but this sounds painful!
ski holidays
Probably depends where you are in the country. Here in Cheltenham there is no-one really super fit, 2 of the 3 instructors are women and it is good fun. Well until a certain ex Para comes back off holiday and pushes us till we curse. But I can do 50 push ups (wide arm, crossed thumb, beer, ordinary) sit ups galore and my incipient back pain has gone completely. 4 yrs of gym based circuits never managed that.
Then theres the nights they put £200 behind the bar for a p***-up. Very sociable. Check it out on www.britmilfit.com Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 21-08-08 17:04; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Had to sit out for five minutes on monday as I was getting chest pains. Fortunately it was only a pulled muscle.
snow conditions
CLASSES: New @ Sheffield, Graves Park Thursday @ 19:00

Hmmm....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy