Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Speeding skiers and boarders, hit-and-runs, and the law ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
DavidS, go on, you know you want it.....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Manda, tell me you're trolling - please.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Manda, Sorry but i think that is the most unworkable idea i have ever heard of. driving licences dont keep idiots off the roads so why should they make people behave on piste.... would never ever work
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Manda, Ski teachers the world over would thank you for all the extra business, but it would be unworkable. Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, hmm. I see at least two interpretations to 'pole clicking':
"Hello there - just letting you know I'm here so I don't surprise you"
"HEY - get out of my way you pillock"

I know which one I mean when I do it - and that's what I assume when others do it to me Wink
I call it courtesy & I also thank people as I pass.

Also, the point about skiing the edge of the piste - isn't it nicer and safer for most beginners if more advanced skiiers use the very edge? They usually don't want to complete their turn 3 inches from a 60' drop!!

David Murdoch wrote:
If you can't stop in time to avoid anyone materialising (from nowhere) in your path, you ain't in adequate control.

Within limits. I've heard of people popping onto the piste from in the trees etc.
Just as in a car - you don't drive assuming people can emerge from manhole covers do you?

PS Back from a few days in Siver near Verbiers - it was fantastic having just 6 of us on the piste! Of course the last day was crowded and we got to observe much of the abov (in my case I came over the brow and the ski instructor demonstrated a 'skis parallel' downhill drop into a weighted edged/carved turn across the piste - all without a backward glance!)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lbt,
Quote:

Also, the point about skiing the edge of the piste - isn't it nicer and safer for most beginners if more advanced skiiers use the very edge? They usually don't want to complete their turn 3 inches from a 60' drop!!

I agree entirely - I remember when I was a beginner being intimidated a little by better skiers shooting down the very edge of the piste but then, I didn't want to go anywhere near it so I was glad that they were using it rather than trying to get past me on the bit I was using (especially on narrow roads).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy