Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had a pain in my back (muscular) back in August and, foolishly, I visited my GP to get advice as I was going on holiday the next day. The pain only lasted a few hours, and I didn't receive any treatment or referral, and my medical notes show this - I wasn't even advised to take any painkillers, at least that isn't recorded.

I've tried getting a quote from DogTag, and one of their question is "Do you have a medical condition that you have suffered from, received medication, advice or treatment in the last twelve months?" Now, I've received advice, but I don't consider this a "medical condition" as I've been affected once during the last two years. Most people have some sort of back trouble at some point in their life, but I'm concerned about ending up with a policy that excludes cover for back injuries on the grounds that I had this back pain a few months ago.

Anyone got any views on what I effect on my policy I should expect ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you received no treatment, pain killers or a referral how can it be viewed as a condition if any thing I would just say I pulled a muscle in my back but there was no treatment if you want to cover yourself in case they look at your records in the event of a claim.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hyweljenkins, since it's recorded on your notes, I think you have to declare it otherwise they could refuse to pay up, even for any unrelated incident, on the grounds of non-disclosure. From what you've said, I'd say you have not had 'advice' since there was no treatment suggested. You just prudently visited your Doctor. I doubt if an insurer will issue a special policy excluding back cover for something like this. They just want to know about any significant, pre-existing, conditions. You are happy to tell us the truth - why not tell them something along the lines of 'visited GP for minor back muscle spasm, no treatment or medication was prescribed, no subsequent recurrence of the complaint.' Then the onus is on them to ask more questions if they want to. All of this is just my opinion - I have no relevant experience of dealing with insurers.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kuwait_ian, I have no intention of not declaring this, though don't want to end up without back injury cover. Touch wood, I've never injured my back while skiing, but don't want to take the risk. Nationwide doesn't ask about any conditions for which the policy holder isn't receiving treatment (http://tinyurl.com/6fulm, so I'll probably just renew my policy with them. Shame, I wanted a dog tag.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hyweljenkins, I think you are more likely to end up without effective cover, if you don't fully declare the consultation, rather than if you do.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tried to get a quote from Dogtag earlier this year. Laughed a lot (at their ridiculous comments) when I phoned their Medical advice helpline. Exemplary umbrella salesmen. Told my GP what they said to me-he laughed too. Then I purchased insurance from Direct Travel.who seem to have a more commonsense approach. Used to be with Nationwide, but found it difficult to judge if I was off piste or not (or what was classed as such)-Nationwide have zero off piste cover. Unless the policy has changed.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just spoke with Nationwide's medical screening people, and they said I just have to tell them when I renew. There'll be no exclusion on my policy. Reading between the lines ISTM that if no treatment (medication or physio) it doesn't count.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You should try finding cover after a Achilles repair - If anyone's got a source that's at least willing to negotiate cover for either a season or annual policy - I'm looking for a minimum of 20 weeks on snow including off-piste but not extreme ski/boarding. Regrettably I've a fairly extensive list of old injuries but I'm happy to participate in stress/fitness assessments for the policy underwriters. Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not that I'm any kind of an expert on insurance, but if I were in your position I'd tell them that you received advice on a backache which was, "you're fine - don't need any treatment or medication". The operator at the other end of the phone will probably make a note of this fact, but almost certainly suggest it won't affect your policy. Same thing happened to me with a strange muscular problem I had with the left intercostal (sp?) muscles between my ribs. I explained the only thing it affected was my golf swing (which was always terrible) and they were fine about it. I know backs are more sensitive (as far as insurers are concerned), but as long as you cover yourself...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masque, have you tried the insurance you get with Lloyds TSB accounts? Don't think you get the same cover with all accounts, but they cover off-piste without a guide and as mentioned above, seemed happy with stuff that I reported to them.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy