Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help ! travelling from Turin to Termignon!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Just joined and looking around have been impressed with both forum/site! I was hoping someone would be able to give me some advice for a short business trip that I'm making on Sat 18th Dec travelling to Termignon. I want to pay a visit to this resort to check out village/site etc and also get some skiing in (any excuse!). Flying into Turin on Sat 18th Dec picking up hire car and hoping to drive to Termignon, spend day there then maybe base myself in Val Cenis (any recommendations as to reasonably priced hotels/B&B near to Ski Lifts/ESF if possible?). Flying back from Turin Monday evening. My question is do you think this is viable? AutoRoute and Viamichelin route planner make distances out to be not too bad. However when I spoke to someone in France they seemed to think that most routes/passes were closed? Is this correct? I would of thought they tried to keep these routes open for holidaymakers driving from Italy to Alps! Any help really appreciated. Also anyone have any experience of Termignon la Vanoise, Skiing, Village, B&Bs etc. Thank you.

Rgds

Richard Very Happy

P.S. Anyone know what the Skiing conditions are like in Termignon/Val Cenis presently?[/b]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got no idea where you are talking about but if you send a "PM" (Personal Message) to matteo i'm sure he'll be able to help you out with the driving etc. He lives in Italy.

Oh and welcome by the way!!!! snowHead Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Type23, Val Cenis is listed on the official French snow report site - SkiFrance.fr - but there doesn't seem to be a current bulletin. Things are pretty poor generally in the French Alps at present.

If you have flexibility on this, you might find more snow by heading from Turin to one of the higher Italian resorts in the Val d'Aosta - here are the the webcams.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm travelling from Turin to Val Cenis on 23 Dec. It's fairly easy to get the train to Modane and then the bus up the valley.

Check times at

http://www.transavoie-modane.com/ for busses

http://www.trenitalia.it/ for trains
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, chuffnut, and welcome to Snowheads. It's a site tradition that new members get welcomed - especially if they have useful information. (Or simple questions come to that!)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Bish,

Cheers Chris. Let's hope for some snow soon!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Type23, are you in the navy, as "Type23 Frigate"?. Cannot answer your question but welcome to Snowheads. Also welcomechuffnut.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
HP,
Yes, used to be in the mob been out for 5 years now !
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy