Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Carving skis - great business for piste machines

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
According to Kässbohrer, manufacturer of the ubiquitous Pistenbully piste grooming machine, carving skis have been great for business - simply because they push more snow down the mountain, ready for the bullies to push it back up the mountain at night.

This article from F.A.Z.net contains many more facts you need to know about the big red snow bison, especially if you're thinking of buying shares!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bit surprised - I would have thought that skidding with non-carvers would push more snow or is the implication that most people skid with carvers.

More likely to be the greater number of snowboards to my mind.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
John, I'm inclined to agree that other factors are at play. The increased traffic down pistes, created by high-speed high-capacity lifts, must be significant.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
From what I see most people continue to spend most of their time skidding, regardless of what type of ski they are on.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm sure increased traffic on the pistes plays a major part, although rob@rar.org.uk, has also hit the nail on the head.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I totaly loved it when i tried boarding last year, and being a skier i must admit to feeling a little guilty about removing the snow with the grace of a falling leaf from the top of the mountain to the bottom.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy