Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tchibo ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

My wife has just called in a state of high excitement saying that she is in the process of buying a skip load of ski clothing at unbelieveable prices. The shop in question is Tchibo, which I thought sold coffee but by all accounts have a policy to devote half of their shop to selling a different range of products each week. This weeks product range is ski-wear and they have pants selling for £29, jackets for £40, goggles £11 etc etc etc. Has anyone seen them and how do they rate ?

Any advice greatly received as I would hate for her to stock up only to find out on the slopes that they are as much use as a chocolate fireguard !
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds great, but no idea!! Confused Confused
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
Big advertising campaigns have brought low cost ranges produced for Tchibo, Aldi, T K Maxx and Matalan into the public eye and most experts agree that for infrequent skiers and beginners, rock-bottom brands will just about do the job.
from here.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's a big chain in Germany, we've got loads of their stuff. In Germany, the likes of Tchibo, Aldi etc often do really good deals on things from companies you've never heard of but the quality's usually fine. It happens a bit here but I think it's quite new in the UK. From the stuff we've bought so far I'd say if it looks OK it generally is. The only thing we ever got that wasn't so good was clock/radio/CD for one of the flats but but for 15 Euro I'm not too fussed.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

companies you've never heard of but the quality's usually fine

As ise says,usually the gear is OK.Picked up a fair few items from both TKMax and Aldi.Your own eyes will be a decent guide.Got some base layer items from Aldi last week.German made,good quality,listed its wicking properties and thermal/heat dissipation info.Full range of sizes,in the bargain bin at 99p ea Laughing
This weeks 'special' at my local TKM(Merry Hill Centre) Ski socks,and lots of them!!Bit odd for TKM,usually their range is rubbish.But they had top end Salomon,Head and Columbia,both ski and board.Full technical sock around £7/pair.A bit of a dig around produced twin packs at £9.99 Shocked Thats the Christmas prezzie's sorted Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Brought some of the fleeces/tops and they seem fine. Actually used them to keep warm on the motorbike on a couple of longer trips this week. Also brought a pair of light weight gloves for £6 as sometimes find normal gloves to warm. Seem ok, but won't know until tested. The ski socks were £5 a pair and were fine at MK last week.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's a weird shop. They sell practically everything at one time or another (ski clothes, jewellery, torches, electronic stuff, coffee ...), but the range of goods changes more or less weekly; if you see something you fancy, buy it because it won't be there next week. We've bought a bit of stuff there, not ski gear, and it's fine. They have a web site, natch.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy