Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help with AM skis please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have twin boys who are increasingly spending more time off-piste or to be more precise the stuff between and around the edges of piste rather than deep fluffy powder. I’ve been skiing on piste skis - Rossignol Pursuit 700 and have decided I need to upgrade so that I can try and keep up with my boys. I’m 52 and 84kg and have skied since childhood. Good level of ability but not nearly as aggressive as I used to be.

My Rossi’s have a 73mm waist. I’m not sure how wide to go so would like some advice. Would say we’ll be spending 65:35 on / off piste. Found a nice pair of Head Monsters with 83 waist, Nordica NRGY 85 etc.. Suggestions appreciated
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Love my Scott The Ski. 92 waist I think, fine on piste and hardpack once I re tuned the edges to 1,3. Fine in the soft stuff in Whistler, Can still carve a long turn, but shorts are tricky as turn radius is about 18M. Done about 5 weeks on mine now, no plans to change. For deep deep powder I rented some real fat things.

Usually plenty of them on the discount sites.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have been running Salomon QST92 which seem good in all sorts of stuff, very impressed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I also like Scott The Ski. I'm only 64kg, but went for the 180s for the extra stability and float.

Short turns are certainly trickier than with a piste ski (imo not just because of the Radius, but also because of the width)....but still quite possible.

Scott Slight has a tighter turn radius, but similar width.

Rossignol Experience 88s are narrower and with a tighter turn radius (16m)....which would make them quicker edge to edge. If I didn't have a Piste ski, they would probably be my choice for AM use.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 18-02-18 20:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
also got the 180's but I am fat and 90kg!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
endoman wrote:
also got the 180's but I am fat and 90kg!

If I'm honest, I went for 180s because I liked the red. rolling eyes

Being more serious, I can only get away with 180s because they are very much on the playful side. I wouldn't consider 180 Brahmas. or Kastles.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy