Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Since that bit of powder on Tuesday we've had lovely sunshine, a bit warmer so nice ski-ing conditions but no more snow Crying or Very sad Some of the runs from 3,200m to 2,600m are getting a bit stoney again due to the high wind whipping all the snow off into the wide blue yonder. However, as before the lower slopes are still remarkably good, and the bottom of Posettes has been super - perfect off piste piste if you know what I mean.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not much new to report - the weather's been good, the lower slope conditions are still excellent, the glacier is - well - it's a glacier so it's always good (except at the end of August), and the 3,200 - 2,600 still a bit stoney. Bit cloudy today but no precipitation. We're not desparate, but with next week looming, we'd really like another half a meter! Confused
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No change since the last report, but the Grand Nord is now aparently getting stoney again. Snow is forecast (I hope it's not just wishful thinking) for Friday/Saturday. Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yesterday afternoon it started snowing, but the temperature rose so that it's been raining in the village. However it appears to have snowed about halfway up the face, and there should be some good fresh higher up. It's definitely warmer, so the snow may be quite sticky. It's a shame that we're losing our super lower snow, but if the higher runs are good then it'll be OK. This coming week will be the busiest of the season, so if you're tempted for a last minute deal it would be better to wait until later. snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Since posting earlier today it's been seesawing between rain and snow in the town. The forecast is for colder weather and snow until about Tuesday - probably the same for Serre Che and ADH. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's been snowing all day, really hard now - a major storm. Unfortunately they've also promised wind, but the snow in the town is getting really nice. I'm expecting some major ski-ing for the next few days, and the face should be super tomorrow. Sadly I've got lots of small beginners so I won't be doing it!! Sad Blush
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I finally got up the mountain today, and found super snow!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy the off piste is naturally very patchy with all the wind we've had, but the piste conditions are great. I was afraid it would all have blown away - but no. Lower slopes are still good, I skied down La Grand Pente this evening and it was great. There were a few hard patches, but they were avoidable. The Valentin is pretty bad I hear, mainly been scraped off by all the idiots sliding sideways on it, and the artificial snow is always a bit tricky anyway. Shock

I don't know about our neighbouring resorts, but ADH area looks very white. Hopeing to go over the top this week, will post on the La Grave thread if I do. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Today it was actually sunny (natch, as it was my day off). Therefore the temperature in resirt managed to get above freezing for the first time in I don't know how long.

The snow condition is good, but we could still do with a lot more - we seem to have missed the big dump and got little bits and pieces over the last week. However the lower slopes are still good, and there's still the odd turn in powder to be found.

I'll keep you all up to date later in the week. snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No change today, but hoping for snow tomorrow. Will let you know ............ Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We had about 15cms of fresh powder yesterday and last night, which was great this morning. It's too light to completely cover all the hard patches, but has definitely helped. More snow is forecast for the weekend, so I have to officially declare conditions here GOOD. snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's still snowing off and on today, and looks likely tomorrow. Conditions are getting better all the while. Yipppeeee
snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well we haven't had any new snow for a couple of days, but it's been sunny and it's warming up. Still very good conditions lower down, but now getting a bit hard in the am and slightly slushy in the pm. Nothing to worry about though, still very nice ski-ing to be had. Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good on you Charlotte! Keep bulling LDA up. Can't wait to get back out!! Looks lovely on webcams. How do you do those smileys??!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
paulmck, just click on the one(s) you want underneath the Quick Reply box. The "All" button on the end of the line ain't working. In Preview, you do get a chance to select from even more.

You can use smileys from other web sites by pasting in the URL and surrounding it with [img] ....... [/img] tags.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for that Ian, but if I click on one of the faces, i just get this: Very Happy , or Toofy Grin , Smile Skullie etc. Must be the work computer. There is a lesson here for me - don't waste work time reading chatrooms!
ski holidays
It's getting pretty warm now, which is a nice change but the snow is beginning to melt on some of the lower runs that are heavily skied (notably the Diable). It's a lovely change though and the Valentin was excellent this morning before all the wombles started sliding down it.

We're hoping for a bit more snow soon, and as it's a bit warmer we might even get a serious dump - I think it really has been a bit too cold lately to snow seriously.

don't panic if you're coming out at Easter - there's bound to be plenty to go around, and we usually have a late dump anyway. snowHead
snow conditions
It's been really warm for the last week - GREAT! Unfortunately the face is beginning to show it. Diable has gone as has Sapins (still skiable but very dodgy). Grand Pente, l'Y, and Valentin are fine at the mo. As per ADH hard and icy in the morning giving way to slush low down in the afternoon. Otherwise conditions are holding up remarkably well considering how little (relatively) snow we've had this year. Gacier is still excellent and down to Cretes is as before.

The pisteurs have been blowing furiously in the early evenings, and most of the walls of the Fee have now been rendered unskiable (even if you were mad enough to try). Had to refuse some clients this week for off piste because of afternoon avalanche concerns. Very Happy
latest report
I'm afraid it's pouring with rain here in the town at the moment. It was snowing all day at about 2,400m so I'm hopeful that it'll snow down to the Cretes tonight if the temperature drops as per normal. There was about 10cms of fresh (not powder) snow on the Toura today (2,600-2,800m) which has helped a bit, but got soaked. Likely to tomorrow as well.

I'll keep you up to date when the rain stops. Crying or Very sad
snow report
Right - it's snowing cats and dogs above 2,100m. Huge plate-sized flakes this pm. We've had a bit over the last couple of days above 2,500 or so, around 10cms or maybe a bit more. That's helped the upper runs no end as it was getting pretty rocky again. It's definitely colder than yesterday, and although it is pouring with rain here in the town (and very wet snow on the Cretes at 2,100m), above this level it's likely to be good tomorrow.

The weather forecast is for an improvement tomorrow, so we're hoping for a good bit of fresh to have fun with. Happy days! Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Beautiful day today - sunny and warm with about 15cms of fresh down to around 2,200m. The glacier was fantastic and the powder was clearly very nice (all tracked out by the time I got up there though). Some people were making tracks in silly places at silly times of the day - setting off small avalanches etc. Fortunately most of the snow's already come down, so there isn't that much left to do damage.

Forecast is for more snow on and off next week, so we could be in for some of the best ski-ing of the season in April. All above 2,2-400m though.
snow conditions
Loadsa snow falling. OK it's rain in the town (although there was a dusting last night), but at the Cretes level (2,100m) and above it's snow. We skied powder all morning yesterday and even managed some fresh tracks at around 13.00. Weather is in and out, and below 2,400 the snow is still very slushy late in the day, but hey - most of our decent ski-ing is above that anyway! Very Happy
snow report
It's been snowing bits and bobs since the weekend, and today we had around 5cms of fresh on the piste at 2,600m this morning. A little more on the glacier. The snow conditions above 2,400m are really excellent, with the offpiste (although bumpy underneath and tracked out) still skiable and powdery. Ski-ing back to the village is interesting but still possible. It's been a bit colder today with fog in and out all around, but considering the heatwave and the dearth of snow falling the conditions are super. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Snowed very heavily most of the afternoon, so the last lesson was cancelled due to heavy snow, fog and cold! Smile However it dropped several centimeters on the upper slopes in about 1 hour, and snowed right down in the village as well. I expect conditions to be good tomorrow, and will report again then. Very Happy snowHead
latest report
The snow on the glacier is as good as it gets - and it's pretty good all the way down to about 2,500m. After that it gets icy/slushy but not unskiable. The Valentin is still fine for the decent to the village (assuming you're OK on blacks), and people are still finding little powder stashes in various protected parts of the mountain. It may snow a little again later today (but the forecasts have been very innaccurate lately), and I should say it's very good conditions for late in the season.

Unfortunately last week we had loads of people bussing in from all over (including the 3V). I wish the lift company would refuse them as they do cause more traffic for all the sensible people who booked a high resort with even higher ski-ing in the first place!!! NehNeh
latest report
Quote:

Unfortunately last week we had loads of people bussing in from all over (including the 3V). I wish the lift company would refuse them as they do cause more traffic for all the sensible people who booked a high resort with even higher ski-ing in the first place!!!

Ill give people benefit of the doubt and presume it was because its easter and people may have booked early with families and stuff....spec given last years good seaosn everyone prob got all excited and booked all sorts of places at all altitudes! (although, im amazed they were carting people from 3V...you would have thought they had enough terrain!)

that said, hope its nice and quiet in LP next week, glad i took everyones advcie before and booked a resort thats fairly high! ::nods head at himself optimistically, and then wodners if VT would have been a better bet:: Shocked wink Confused

PS sorry for interloping on what looks like your own private thread! Embarassed Laughing
snow report
tomski01, No probs! It's just that it's mostly me posting because I live here and like people to have up to date reports!

There weren't many from 3V, but several ESFs (with clients) from Les Menuires, Courcheval and Meribel! Of course I can't complain about bringing other instructors as I'll be doing the same in BSM in a few weeks! NehNeh
snow report
easiski, wink

glad conditions arent quite as bad as as everyones making it out to be anyway, bit of snow forecast on Thurs should top things up nicely too for next week eh?! snowHead
ski holidays
tomski01, High conditions are really pretty good for the time of year. I think perhaps those of us that live in the alps have a more sanguine view of snow conditions that those on holiday - it is what it is. Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

Still excellent on the glacier today and very good snow (a bit colder so quite hard) all the way down to about 2,300m. Had some great ski-ing and looking forward to more tomorrow. Weather forecast is pretty good, and if these temperatures hold then we'll have a good week. Loads of Belgians here at the moment - Belgian ski championships - have they got more sense than the Brits??? Confused
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

it is what it is.

thats pretty much the attitude i try to take, or as my (ever wise) girlfriend says..."if there is one thing you cant do anything about on a ski holiday its the weather...your technique on the other hand, well..." Very Happy Embarassed
latest report
We've just had more than 48 hours of heavy snow, and the whole resort is white again. I don't suppose the face will last long as the ground underneath is warm now (even a couple of crocii out). On Friday we had 20-30 cms of slightly windblown powder at 2,600m which was a treat. The weather was horrid though and high winds kept everything above 2,900m closed. Yesterday was extremely windy and not much ran, but today the sun's come out and (at least int he village) the wind seems to have dropped. Excellent ski-ing should be available for everyone, and the temperatures have been colder in the last week.

A good last three weeks should be in order. snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Conditions are excellent above 2,200m with packed powder on the pistes. The glacier is just about perfect. Sadly the off piste is fairly dodgy due to very high winds at the weekend. We've skied a little bit but it's very variable windpack and crust, with the odd powder turn thrown in for good luck. It was warmer today and for the next couple of days, but they're forecasting more snow for Saturday which should top us up again very nicely.

Nursery slopes in the village are still operating, although icy first thing and slushy later. Combe Valentin back to resort is OK, but mostly closed in themorning as it's too icy and therefore too dangerous to open until the snow begins to soften. The snow looks very good in the Grand Couloir though, and it appears that nearly all of the walls of the Fée were skied at the weekend! snowHead
snow report
Hi easiski,

Where is the Grand Colour in Les Deux Alpes/?

cheers,

Greg
snow report
gregh, the Grand Couloir is just above 2,600m off the path fromt he top of the Super Diable chairlift down to 2,600. It's a bit discreet, and the start is no way black so also a bit deceiving!

It's been dumping down for 36 hours now. I haven't been out in it as I'm on days off and foot rest, but cloudy, heavy snow and about 50cms in the town. Goodness knows what it'll be like when the snow stops. I should imagine that the conditions are going to be stupendous. Anyone with any spare time should nip out here immeditely! snowHead snowHead snowHead

Powder, powder, powder at the end of the season ............ yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhh
ski holidays
I had fun "deneigeing" my car today, but it did stop snowing for most of the day. It's now raining in resort and undoubtedly snowing less than half way up the face. It'll probably turn to snow during the night - bah! I know - good conditions, but it should be spring time - I'm looking forward to green grass, spring flowers and blossom ...
ski holidays
Easiski, when does Les2Alpes close as here (Serre Chevalier) Sunday may be the last day? I've still got some free passes to use up and the snow is good.
latest report
chris, 30th April.

It's been snowing again today - all day. Really nice powdery snow at 2,200m. there was about 10cms of fresh this morning, but i didn't go further up the mountain. Viz was horrid. Tomorrow and Friday are supposed to be nice, so am looking forward to a bit of good snow + visibility! Cool
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
I'm looking forward to green grass, spring flowers and blossom ...

Traitor! Very Happy
snow report
Kramer, The problem is you haven't spent 5 months with nothing but white around! You've probably seen spring - my parents tell me the daffs are out etc. You've probably seen blossom on the trees, and the grass in the UK is probably green, not brown. Trees are very likely to be in leaf already ......... I like the snow higher up, but at this time of year (and given that it won't stay on the face now anyway - it'll just kill all the baby flowers) it would be nicer if it was spring in the village.

Every year I miss spring entirely - it hasn't arrived here when it's all over in the UK. I go back - it's gone. Come back here in June and it's over here too. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Easiski, many thanks. If you want spring just take a trip to the valley floor. I'm sure spring has arrived there.
latest report
chris, You actually have to have time to do that. Teaching 6+ hours a day it's impossible! I have been down twice recently and it was great - but who wants to stay in Grenoble any longer than strictly necessary??? Confused
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy