Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Claret

Poster: A snowHead
Will i enjoy This place has anyone got any photo links ??

Is it Expensive for food and drinks Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You will hate it. No point going. You are wasting your money.

I however would love it, please send me your tickets wink
Is it pricey...... about the same as most decent french resorts, in other words...yes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So like how much is a pint of beer Puzzled

Is there lots of different pubs or just 1 or 2 Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Depends on what basis your accomodation is, S/C, b/b, 50/50. chalet.

6 tequilla beers in a night club would set you back about £30. It depends on where you eat & drink. Prices in bars are about same as a posey town centr bar over here. Dont know how many clubs but we did 3 in a night (not my idea), some decent bars, people tend to find ine they like and frequent it a lot.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is it a big place what will the sking be like (the end of January)

We are staying in Self Catering accomodation.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyone know the Chardonnay couloir? (You have to be quick to catch it with new snow!).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dave_wick Tignes IMHO is one of the top 10 resorts in the world, it will suit all grades of skiers. Try cooking yourself a few days to save on dosh. My best day ever was at Tignes. if its a nice sunny day and you like cruising, then mid morning get yourself to the top of La Grande Motte (highest point in Tignes) and ski from and catching only a couple of lifts up, drop nearly 2000 metres, down into Tignes les Brevieres for lunch at the restuarant at the bottom of the piste. FAN BLEEDIN TASTIC enjoy.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes Frosty the Snowman, that long run all the way down to Tignes les Brevieres for lunch is brillliant. There used to be a black route down (I don't know if it's still there, it was a long time ago) that was really steep and narrow, and did you need a long cold drink when you eventually got to the bottom!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, Toofy Grin yes, very nearly 2000m drop 3456m to 1550m.

Where is the Chardonnay couloir snowball?
I've skiied there quite a bit but never know the names of anything.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
RachelQ, I expect u are thinking of the Sache?
Ha, there, I do know some names Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That rings a bell u, is it still one of the routes down?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes, Gregory was very very proud to have skiied it last year. "I skied the second longest black run in the world!" he told anyone who would listen.

All ambition, he was hoping to bag 'the longest black run in the world' this season.
We tried to find which the longest was through a thread here on snowHeads but the ensuing discussion got very confusing.
I think, the final conclusion was that technically it was a run in Alpe d'Huez but that it really wasn't worthy of a black rating throughout most of its length.
So I suppose that makes the Sache even more special Toofy Grin
It's definitely one of the greatest pistes in my book.

Mme.Brain and Ayesha took the Blue/Red route down and met us in Les Brevieres for chips and hot chocolate - what could be better?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
u
Quote:
for chips and hot chocolate - what could be better?

I was thinking more of a long cold beer!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowball, Yes, I,ve skied the couloir, but I think it is actually called Chadonnet. In fact, if my memory serves me correctly (it was during the 93/94 Season I skied it) there were two couloirs there, a lower one that was fairly easy to access and another that was a bit trickier to get to and was rather more difficult. Both give access to a nice open bowl.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Non non non.... a huge bowl of the local special that sits in your guts like a pallet of bricks. Creamy sliced potatoes with bacon & onions, baked in an oven.... Might be badly wrong, but think its called Tartiflette (or something like). Anyhow a excellent choice for self caterers as you dont need to eat for 2 days afterwards Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Quote:

I was thinking more of a long cold beer!
Well obviously I suggested that to Gregory but he was most insistent about the Hot Chocolate Wink

But John Scott, where is it?
ski holidays
Col du Chadonnet
snow report
Aaaah, thanks PG! No, not skied that... yet Wink
ski holidays
Now you're talking Frosty, Tartiflette, the best lunchtime fuel you can get.
latest report
Not for me, I'm afraid! The French equivalent of "death by chocolate" cake...... Takes at least 3 days to digest. Probably lowers your centre of gravity by a couple of inches though so might help with skiing technique wink
snow report
PG, Can provide very useful "wind assitance" however especially when taken with beer
snow report
PG wrote:
Col du Chadonnet
Yes, that's the one, though the link itself agrees with me and spells it Chardonnet.
snow report
David@traxvax, surely that traditional french dish, Spag Bol, is the best lunchtime fuel?
snow report
At the risk of being pedantic here, the link only half agrees with your initial post which called it
Quote:

Chardonnay
wink
snow report
Not for me. I agree with www.skipass.com - in Tartiflette we trust.
snow report
I cant wait !
Anyone got any photos or links with some decent pictures ????
latest report
dave_wick, as a sideline, if you really are from Wick, how do you travel?, ....flights etc
ski holidays
dave wick, Some shots taken over the past 12 months in Espace Killy....

Val d'Isère April 27th 2004
May 1st 2004
Tignes/Val May 1st 2004
Tignes May 8&9 2004
Tignes June 21st 2004
Tignes Aug 28-30 2004
Tignes 27th Oct 2004
Tignes 11th Nov 2004
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David@traxvax wrote:
Not for me. I agree with www.skipass.com - in Tartiflette we trust.

Having firstly been served it by a local in Davos, then used it in self-catering in Laax last season, I can only recommend Aelpi-maccaroni (one of many ways of spelling it). There's More calories in one plate of that than in Arabian oil fields. snowHead
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
dave_wick, as a sideline, if you really are from Wick, how do you travel?, ....flights etc

We have to drive to Inverness which takes around 2 hours then the train to Edinburgh which takes around 3 hours then fly to Geneva !!!
No hassel!!!
ski holidays
Tartiflette!! I'm with PG, on this one. Three days digestion makes me think your digestive tract is pretty good. I would be stuffed for most of the holiday.
latest report
Roy Hockley, PG, Wusses!. dave_wick, me thinks however, could have tartiflette for brekky and still be first up the hill
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy