Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will I like La Clusaz?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going for a short break 23rd january. usually go to morzine but fancy a change, I am liking the sound of La Clusaz from the posts on here. Appreciating the lowish altitude, how does it compare to morzine, what is the choice of restaurants like and what are the bars like. my mate and i like to stay out late but we like decent sounds but at a volume where one can hold a conversation.

Yes i am becoming an old git.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received, I'm fancying the hotel Beauregard anyone stayed there?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ian, if you like Morzine you will probably like La Clusaz too - although quite large now it still has a good traditional atmosphere and few TOs go there. Dunno about night life TBH - it's certainly not known for being wild. There are a few bars in the centre, and excellent pizza; the locals are friendly so if you like being sociable (as opposed to being bladdered!) you should enjoy yourselves.

Snow should be good for late Jan. If you're confident then La Balme is the place to go (at the top of the valley - short drive or catch the regular ski bus) - lots of accessible off-piste. Can get busy on a Sunday if the snow is good - very popular with day trippers from Annecy and Geneva. If you have a car, then the short drive up to Le Chinaillon is mandatory if there's a big snowfall overnight - but be early; there is some wonderful off-piste off Le Lachat but it can get skiied out by lunchtime.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've heard the nightlife is pretty good there - I know the owner of the big Oakley shop there, its one of the only shops in France that stocks only Oakley so if there are enough clients for that I reckon its safe to say that the nightlife is probably pretty cool! Its not a 'teeny boppers' place!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi ian bloomfield, La Clusaz is our local ski station (along with Le Brand Bornand and Manigod - not linked). We only moved to France Summer 2004 and therefore have not had a chance to ski there as yet (in the past always in too much of a rush to get to the bigger resorts). The ski area is somewhat spreadout. The sking looks good for intermediates. If you prefer off piste there a number of north facing couloirs off the back of the Massif de Balme which I have been eyeing up. My neighbour tells me that they can be accessed by a 20minute climb from the Col de Blame. He's fit, it's probably longer. The resort is very French and get's busy at weekends - with Annecy residents stampeding upwards (even in summer). It's really very charming. I can post some photos if you like.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ian bloomfield wrote:
I'm fancying the hotel Beauregard anyone stayed there?

We stayed there a few years ago. Very nice, walk across the hotel drive to snow and scoot to a nearby drag (rather violent) which gets you high enough to hit the main lifts. When we went they offered you a voucher for dinner in some restaurants in the town as a change from their half board offering. We only managed once (La scierie, again recommended). Small but swimmable indoor pool and a small sauna room. Terrific real fire and big furniture in the lounge.

We got the impression this was more of a home resort. Most skiers are French, and if you don't speak French you won't get by as easily as Morzine. On the other hand it feels like a proper town and not Margate on snow (my impression of Morzine based on a three day summer visit, so possibly a little unfair. Also I actually don't dislike Margate, but there is a particular feel to the front.)

We had a terrific time in slightly dodgy weather conditions. Went one day to Grand Bornand and spent the morning skiing very slowly through the fog before going shopping instead.

Can't comment on nightlife. I'm pleased if I can stay awake until bedtime.

DJ
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well yeah you will like La Cluaz, Lovely little place not too big, wonderful alpine style and culture. I went there during this summer, well acctually I was in the next resort along Le Grand Bonand But I think la clusaz has alot of style. Enjoy it!!!!! snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Candide Thovex comes from La Clusaz, and he thinks it is the best place to ski in the world, so i would imagine the place has some fairly sizeable kickers.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Welcome to snowHeads jarvinho snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy