Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone played at Skiplex?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.skiplex.co.uk/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes - type skiplex into the forum search and you'll see several threads.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes. I found it surprisingly difficult.

I much preferred a couple of hours in the fridge at MK to get my pre-season ski fix.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had a couple of sessions in Reading yesterday, free of charge (courtesy of Inghams). Like HoneyBunny I found it surprisingly difficult. It is astonishingly unforgiving and I spent both sessions in a snowplough and have rediscovered some muscles that I had forgotten about (must get fit again).

I suspect that its a good introductory place, the slope is short so less scary, the instructor is very close and they are very quick to stop the mat if someone falls. It also doesn't have the surface that gives you dendix thumb! The mirror gives you a lot of feedback and the rail at the front gives a beginner a lot of security. Major drawback is the lack of any irregularity in the surface so while it might be useful for fitness it probably has some limitations in preparing you for skiing in the mountains.

I will probably use it for beginner lessons for my other half and then once she has mastered the plough turn take her to MK or HH for lessons on snow.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah I couldn't get out of a snowplough either, ridiculous!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
HoneyBunney and Tarrantd - what level do you normally ski at? I went to the Skiplex last week and achieved level 5 which is basically the plough with a tiny bit of parallel thrown in. I'm going for a couple of lessons at MK before I go skiing at the end of Feb, but as it's round the corner from me, I was planning on couple more lessons at Skiplex first. They told me that I should be proper parallel skiing by the third lesson and if I can do that on there, then the average red run on a slope should be very do-able for me -would appreciate your views?

For context, I've only been skiing once before and got to a point where I could parallel ski badly - so interested in the opinions of Skiplex from better skiers?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've taught someone who came with 6 hours skiplex tuition.
We both came to the conclusion that skiplex is a fun activity but not really related to alpine skiing.
The lack of sense of speed (almost like learning in a 2D environment), undulations and real movement proved to be a big issue.
Side stepping was not taught nor putting the skis on properly.
So the lessons basically started from the very beginning.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, appreciate the response.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What is your view of dry ski slopes, does this have some of the same challenges?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy