Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Still planning to open on December 4th (Jean-Luc Crétier Stadium) with the Roche de Mio gondola opening "later".

SNOW DEPTHS
top: 60 cm
resort: 20 cm

Temperature at top: -7.7 °C
Temperature resort: -2.9 °C
Isotherm: 1600 m

wind direction at altitude: south-west, 50 kmh
wind direction at resort: south-west, 20 kmh
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks PG for info on my favourite resort. The snow depth figures look OK for early December, but what exactly do they mean? I mean, which "top", and which "resort". I think these figures are largely meaningless without clear statement on where they are taken (where) and how high that is (altitude). Do you know?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes; stupid that they don't put that in the data they send through, isn't it. I'll double check...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've also enjoyed LP many times - but I've never heard of the Jean Luc Cretier Stadium ????? Where / What dat ??? Isn't 'stade' just the name of the course for the event?
Given that some parts of the LP domain are seriously lumpy (ex coal mining area) I think you're going to need more than 60 cm to enjoy yourself - but it's a good start. Echo Jonpim's comment about 'top' - no use if it's the glacier and you can't even get there and 'resort'.
For those who don't know the place that could be anything from Champagny or Montchavin both at 1250m to Belle Plagne or Aime at just over 2000m. Makes a big difference, especially early and late season. The Meteo France site gives 'resort' as 1970 which means Plagne Centre, I think. Hope you can find out where the measurements are taken, PG.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Selfish, I know but at long as it dumps around Jan 18th and there is powder.
Looking forward to my 1st visit.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kuwait_ian, Jonpim,

SNOW DEPTHS 4.12.04
top: 55 cm
resort: 20 cm

Top being: 3250m (Glacier)
Resort being: 2000m
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PG, thanks but that's not really a good result for the lower villages although the webcams don't look too shabby. Guess the opening tomorrow will be fairly restricted then.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Only a small part was scheduled to open tomorrow, as with Les Arcs the 'domain proper' opens next weekend - in theory.

Courchevel is in trouble, the season's supposed to start today, but only the Verdon is open.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Found the Jean Luc Cretier piste. Go to the La Plagne web cams. Click the Panoramique Grande Rochette one, the 360 Eye on the piste map then the first zoom on the left. { Cannot link directly }.
It's the LP competition slalom slope that comes down from above Aime to Plagne Centre. With snow making all the way. Can't remember the old piste name and you need a microscope to read the online piste map. Good news for the good skiers and boarders. No use whatsover for beginners and intermediates if that's all that's opening tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PG wrote:

Courchevel is in trouble, the season's supposed to start today, but only the Verdon is open.

That is pretty much all they ever open for the premiere neige weekend. What will matter is how much they can open next weekend.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kuwait_ian, ie the Bécoin chair and the Sardane piste. They're hoping to open the Roche de Mio by the 11th, but the way things are it's pretty unlikely.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Some photos here after the snow on the 29th November. Make the most of it!

http://www.gilen.be/laplagne/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kuwait_ian, they used to have some excellent piste maps on the Paradiski site, but they've gone, the links are dead....

Still there's a reasonable map (2004/2005 season) of La Plagne on a personal site, here:

http://romain.guigon.free.fr/Plan2004.htm
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks PG that's more like it - you can read all the lift and run names on that one and it's up to date (La Salla chair replacing the 2 steep parallel drags to get back up to the top of Arpette from the Montchavin side a much needed improvement for those returning from Les Arcs.)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PG wrote:
[b]SNOW DEPTHS 4.12.04: top: 55 cm , resort: 20 cm.
Top being: 3250m (Glacier), Resort being: 2000m
Talk about Sexing up!
You can't get on to the glacier in winter unless you are prepared to walk.
The highest you can get with lifts is about 3100m.
I think a more valid Top would be Roche de Mio at 2700m
As for Resort, the original resort Plagne Centre is at 1970m
But there are at least five sattelite resorts at 1800 or less.
Piste map here. (But PG's map is better).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy