Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What are chalet girls responsible for?

Poster: A snowHead
Questions - is the skiing industry unique in employing these chalet girls? Before I logged on here I'd never found before the concept that you could stay in a chalet and there was a person around to do all the cooking and cleaning - it seems one hell of a job (as I bet not all punters are suitably appreciative) for very little cash.

Do you get chalet 'boys'?

and why are they from what I read here referred to as 'girls' and presumably 'boys' it seems a bit diminutive. Surely 'Chalet staff' or 'Chalet hosts' would be a little more respectful?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum, We had an 18 year-old chalet boy in our half-term chalet in Arabba. Very nice lad, who did a good job.

Chalet is sociable and good fun. Try it sometime!

snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum, chalet boys do exist; one deflowered a friend's daughter during a chalet hol a couple of years ago, so (extrapolating from a sample of one) they behave like all other males working in ski resorts.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megamum, you'll find seasonal staff employed on beach holidays, companies like Mark Warner employ hundreds every year. With regard to skiing don't forget they also get their accomodation, meals, season's ski-pass and enough time for skiing just about every day as part of their package. My daughter who runs our chalet would never employ chalet girls, our staff, apart from her, are all male and have specific jobs such as ski-host/driver, ski technician/handyman but they all have to assist with the smooth running of the chalet.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David@traxvax wrote:
Megamum, you'll find seasonal staff employed on beach holidays, companies like Mark Warner employ hundreds every year. With regard to skiing don't forget they also get their accomodation, meals, season's ski-pass and enough time for skiing just about every day as part of their package. My daughter who runs our chalet would never employ chalet girls, our staff, apart from her, are all male and have specific jobs such as ski-host/driver, ski technician/handyman but they all have to assist with the smooth running of the chalet.

That pretty much sums it up David, there are some pretty unbalanced views on this topic but you have pretty much said it like it is. Everyone has to help out with general running of resort chalets - regardless of whether your job is "Ski-Host", "Chalet-Host", "Driver" or whatever.

I think my favourite comment so far from "Richmond" is - "They behave like all other males in ski resorts" ! Classic....and ridiculous. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum, it can be a very good experience for gap year kids (believe it or not!). They do work hard, but that does them no harm whatsoever. Chalets can be surprisingly economical for families because of unlimited bread and jam and cake after skiing, and drinks included (though they are often very mean with kid's drinks, as opposed to unlimited plonk for those fancy themselves as grownup). More upmarket chalets are staffed with more experienced people (my son got paid £600 a week last season as well as lift pass, his own bedroom, etc, but he was responding to urgent demand for quality chef to rescue a disastrous start to the season in a top end operation and was able to drive a hard bargain).

If your kids want to do it when they grow up, just ensure they get the full safe sex lecture.... snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Robbof wrote:
[I think my favourite comment so far from "Richmond" is - "They behave like all other males in ski resorts" ! Classic....and ridiculous. Very Happy

I said 'males working in ski resorts', and I did say that I was extrapolating form a sample of one, warning readers that my findings may not be 100% accurate.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I doubt any chalet girl behaves like many men during a ski holiday. This is based on the fact that I've never seen a group of 40+ totally smashed chalet maids with beer googles on hanging around two ugly birds from Stoke-on-Trent.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DB, you need to get out more.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
richmond wrote:
Robbof wrote:
[I think my favourite comment so far from "Richmond" is - "They behave like all other males in ski resorts" ! Classic....and ridiculous. Very Happy

I said 'males working in ski resorts', and I did say that I was extrapolating form a sample of one, warning readers that my findings may not be 100% accurate.

Sorry - I could not be rsed to quote you to the letter!!! Keep your hair on! I have actually worked in resort and am male - hence I found your view quite amusing! wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Robbof, please bear in mind that I deal largely in unjustified generalisations, like all other posters to this forum.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
richmond, Laughing but true Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
richmond wrote:
Robbof, please bear in mind that I deal largely in unjustified generalisations, like all other posters to this forum.
Brilliant! I've never seen anyone admit that before! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I think the rest of us snowHead are in denial!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
richmond wrote:

Nice retort!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Lizzard wrote:
DB, you need to get out more.

Why? I was talking about the Mooserwirt at St Anton where there's a very high male population, even Hillary Clinton could pull in there.
snow conditions
DB, you said you had never seen 40+ totally smashed chalet birds. I could show you just such an edifying sight practically any night of the week. Laughing
latest report
Lizzard wrote:
DB, you said you had never seen 40+ totally smashed chalet birds. I could show you just such an edifying sight practically any night of the week. Laughing

Oh I have seen large groups of chalet girls out of their head on their night off. I've just not seen them hanging around a pair of ugly girls from Stoke on Trent like some of the male saddos in St Anton who have been on the beer since luchtime.
ski holidays
Perhaps 40+ was referring to chest size wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy