Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Puy Saint Vincent is ready to go!

Poster: A snowHead
It started snowing on Sunday night and it's still snowing at PSV this morning. Here are the stats. 35cms at 1400m, 50cms at 1600m, 80cms at 2700m. snowHead

Shame the lifts don't open until 12th Dec. Sad

Better get my raquettes out it looks like it going to have to be on foot today. Wish I had some skins. rolling eyes

Pete@alpsun.com
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great news... ! Hope to get down south later in the season, too hectic until the end of Feb though. If we make it, how about a pint at the Alphands??
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep, any excuse for a beer. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes that's what I like to hear. 18 days and counting !!! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
excellent, saw the report from snowbizz, excellent news!!!

been very worried, hopefully be bit more by time i go 3 weeks on sunday

26th dec - 2nd jan

n e 1 else goin that week?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Fezza

Im there from the 18th Dec thru to the 2nd Jan. If you are around I'm sure a drink or two could be in order !!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What's with two Brits at once finding their way to PSV?wink Other than Serre Che hardly anyone has heard of the southern French Alps! More's the pity...

Seriously, what made you both pick this particular resort?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
we have!

I love the southern alps,

robbo
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG wrote:
What's with two Brits at once finding their way to PSV?wink Other than Serre Che hardly anyone has heard of the southern French Alps! More's the pity...

Seriously, what made you both pick this particular resort?

dunno, alrite reviews n that
went there last year ova new year as well, thouroughly enjoyd it, so goin again.

http://www.snowbizz.co.uk/comments.htm
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wheely wrote:
Hi Fezza

Im there from the 18th Dec thru to the 2nd Jan. If you are around I'm sure a drink or two could be in order !!!

sounds gud 2 me m8 Smile

latest webcam pic Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

What's with two Brits at once finding their way to PSV? Other than Serre Che hardly anyone has heard of the southern French Alps! More's the pity...

I'd been looking for a property abroad and before catching the skiing bug had looked at beach properties. Went skiing in Jan and the kids loved it too so started to explore the possibility of a place in the snow. PSV came up on the radar and with it's good snow record and reportedly 300 days of sun a year it looked perfect. That coupled with some new developments being built meant that a chalet was within our means. 18th Dec is therefore D day when we pick up the keys and start the first of many skiing trips there. Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hope it all goes well. I love the southern French Alps - we skied all around them (and lived down that way) for years before moving to the Savoie. Miss the friendly atmosphere, and yes, the sun. If you haven't already, do sample the beer (and beer-flavoured cuisine) in Luc Alphand & brother's brewery/restaurant just down the road in Vallouise - both are absolutely great.

Might be there ourselves 26 March - 1 April, national English children's/junior races - yet to be confirmed, but they've been there for several years.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wheely,
excuse me, what sorta price did you pay?

n hav u got 1 of them log cabins or just a room in the block
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fezza,

We got a three level chalet that sleeps 8, that backs onto one of the pistes and has use of a heated swimming pool and sauna. Fully furnished for the price of.....£140k
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Been up boarding at PSV today. Walked up to 2000m, v.knackering Embarassed ...the resort doesn't open until the 12th Dec. so no lifts yet.

The temperatures are a perfect -1 to -3 and the powder was knee deep see attached picture. More snow forecast for Friday and Saturday. snowHead

We still have availability for an apartment at PSV 1600 if anyone is interested Puzzled take a look at http://www.alpsun.com ...it's the Marmotte apartment.

Pete@alpsun.com

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 1-12-04 16:50; edited 2 times in total
snow report
petel, where's the pic?
snow conditions
Sorry, newbie keyboard troubles...it should be there now.

Pete@alpsun.com
ski holidays
petel, I'm starting to love your posts !!!!! snowHead
snow report
wheres 2000???

is that that place where les crete start or is it where thers all those drag lifts and the chairlift to 2750?
ski holidays
fezza wrote:
wheres 2000???

is that that place where les crete start or is it where thers all those drag lifts and the chairlift to 2750?

It's where the double drag and the chair to 2750m starts and the high speed chair from 1600m finishes...technically I think it's 2075m at this point. No wonder I feel tired today.

Snowing heavily again today even down here where I live at 1100m (Les Vigneaux). The snow forecast is predicting about 55cms of new snow at 2075m between now and Friday evening. Very Happy

Pete@alpsun.com
ski holidays
Since snowHeads started I think this is only the second southern Alps resort to have it's own thread, with people on the spot (the other is Allos)... keep those reports coming through the season!
snow report
Will do!

Over and out. wink
snow report
I have very fond memories of Puy as my first ever proper ski trip (I don't really count my farcicle school ski trip to Lake Garda, stranded at Gatwick because of too much snow, no snow in resort when we got there!). I heard from a friend on the Tuesday, we booked on the Thursday and flew on the Saturday, didn't even know where to! Excellent snow, sunshine all week, skiing on Xmas day and the best Apres ski (only one or two bars so you knew where to go to meet people) all for £250, and then I was hooked!
snowHead
One day I'll go back and see what it's like for a non-beginner.
snow conditions
sweet!!!

i woz well worried ther wernt gonna be any snow at all , till about a week ago, when the heavens opened Very Happy
snow conditions
PG, Chris posts from Serre Chevalier occasionally.
ski holidays
Helen, do you remember Melanie Kerslake (Eurekaski) who used to post "over there"? They'll be out in Serre Chevalier for the new season presumably - perhaps we could also persuade her to provide us with on the spot reports. I'll drop them a line.
ski holidays
Ooops, I see she is now Melanie Crosby.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont wrote:
PG, Chris posts from Serre Chevalier occasionally.
I knew you'd mention that Helen! It just doesn't feel like it's really part of the southern Alps, so I keep forgetting it. Sorry!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PG, sorry!!! I know it doesn't feel like it either, but all my friends who've never been keep tellinme it's too far south and has unreliable snow! No doubt they'll change their minds when we have an apartment they want to rent cheap. Mark Hunter, had an e-mail from Melanie a couple of weeks ago, yes, they got married in the Summer. We'll probably meet up with them when we're over there in January. Mel was on about maybe looking after some apartments for a few people. Needless to say, we'd be interested in that.
snow report
It's really warmed up here at PSV now Sad

....yesterday afternoon it was up to +6C at 1100m (Les Vigneaux). I think the PSV resort is just about hanging in there at 0C or below at 1400m. Mid station 1600m-2750m looks like it will be OK and avoid the thaw. Cool

Must go now as I can hear the Foehn ringing! Sorry couldn't resist it! Embarassed

Pete@alpsun.com
ski holidays
Hi Petel from where you have been skiing in PSV would you have been able to see how close they are to completing the development "Le Parc Aux Etoiles" ?
latest report
Yep, we walked right passed it.

There is a large building in the middle of the new develpment that looks nearly complete...from the outside anyway.

The stuff around it though is a long way off...just concrete shells mostly.

I think you are still going to see cranes when you get here I'm afraid.

The other pain with all this development is that it is starting to take up all the parking places. I'm not sure where all the cars are going to go this year. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

The good news is that they are planning to spend around 15mEuro on PSV in the next 3 years, adding a new high speed lift from 1400m to the cretes area, and a new run extending the Bois du Coqs run under or over 1600m the access road and all the way down to 1400m. There is even talk of developing into the Narreyroux valley a little.

Pete@alpsun.com
snow report
nice m8 cheers 4 the info!!
latest report
Wheely, Wheely I bough a chalet in Briancon 12 months ago, I can provide you with a fair amount of info if you wish (like what to do in the summer) maybe we could meet up in Briancon over Christmas
snow conditions
Hi Chris, I'll take you up on the kind offer of info - many thanks !! Meeting up over the Xmas is also a good idea, perhaps fezza and petel would like to join us for the ingural PSV/Briancon Snowheads appreciation society meeting !!!!
latest report
Wheely...I'll be in the UK when you arrive at PSV I think, but I am back on the 23rd Dec.

Went up to PSV again yesterday. Still really good powder from 2750m to about 1700m. snowHead

Snow is complete all the way to 1400m, but it's a bit hard/heavy below 1700m.

We have relaunched our website this weekend http://www.alpsun.com and it also has information about the area and more to come over the coming months.

pete@alpsun.com
snow report
any one know they had a few more inches today?

or whether one again snowforcast have been exagerating
ski holidays
Sorry to report nothing but a big thaw today...

Temperatures at 1,100m have been as high as 9C.

It has been very cloudy and occasionally the tops have disappeared into the cloud so it is possible that there could be some snow high up.

I'll give you some more info. in the morning.

On a more positive note PSV is still significantly more white than it is brown.

pete@alpsun.com
snow conditions
Further to last nights post I can confirm that above 1600m there appears to have been a couple of centimeters of new snow. This is based on my view out of the window at 1,100m however. But a few the rocky patches that I could see yesterday are white again. Smile

pete@alpsun.com
latest report
cheers mate
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy