Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's the weather like in......?

Poster: A snowHead
Going to squeeze a couple of weekenders in early next year before family holiday to Courchevel at Easter.

Generally, what is the weather like early/mid/late January and February.

I've only ever been to the snow in March and April and had sun and the occasional white-out.

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Earlier in the season it is colder, with more frequent snow storms. The upside is, that when the weather clears, you get fantastic powder days, with probably some of the best skiing of the season. Another bonus is that in January most resorts are really quiet, meaning no long lift queues.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks.

And Feb?

What about half term? When are the French and when are the British?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
All the hols are here.

http://www.ski-lesarcs.com/fr/infos/popup_calendrier.php

Feb is not the best time to come if you have a choice in the matter.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Most of the UK half terms seem to be w/b 12.02.05. I don' think that there's a major French school holiday (such as Paris) that week, but there are a few local ones.

It can be bloody cold in Feb, some of the worst weather seems to be that month, but who knows?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
richmond, Shocked w/c Feb 12 is probably the second busiest of the season! Ok Paris starts the following week, but virtually the whole of France apart from Paris, Versailles and Bordeaux are on holiday from the 12th, with two out of the three academic regions that make up France overlapping.

The w/c Feb 19 is the same, Paris plus Rhone Alpes off at the same time.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter Leuzzi, I spent a whole blissful January in Val d'Isere once, but you can't generalise. January can be 15C-20C colder than late March/early April, so you certainly need to be prepared for freezing conditions even if they don't necessarily materialise.

As Kramer says, the best things about Jan are the quietness and possibility of deep dry snow.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG wrote:
richmond, Shocked w/c Feb 12 is probably the second busiest of the season!

I'm sure that it is, didn't intend to imply that it wasn't, although I didn't realise that the French regions on hols that week are as large as they are. It's the last week I (and I imagine everyone else) would choose to go skiing, if I had the choice!

I'm glad that we're going to Kitzbuhel that week, although no doubt it'll turn out to be a week long public holiday throughout Austria with compulsory skiing for everyone aged between 4 and 104.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ooh Ooh I have a question - whats weather usually like in Trois Vallees in mid January? I usually ski in Feb/ march so im guessing its gonna be freezing! Do I have to wear a coat or will I get away with my new north face body warmer that i love and want to wear all the time?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Richmond, that week coincides with Flesching in Austria and Germany, so lots of fun and games on and off the slopes.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David@traxvax wrote:
Richmond, that week coincides with Flesching in Austria and Germany, so lots of fun and games on and off the slopes.

Oh joy, loads of kids skiing about with sparkly wigs. Oh well, at least Kitzbuhel is a jolly place for that sort of thing. Very gemutlich (can't manage an umlaut).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nadenoodlee, I would suggest a coat in January as it can get very cold indeed. I would also suggest wearing clean underwear in case you have an accident and have to go to hospital, and a hat and mittens, but that's just me being paternal. Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nadenoodlee, Don't forget to thread elastic through your coat and attach it to each mitten so you don't lose them wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Russell, one step ahead of you there! Theyre already on a piece of wool! God Bless My Nan!

Gutted- North Face Body Warmer thing will have to wait til March to get its outing! Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nadenoodlee, good things come to those who wait. Very Happy
ski holidays
I have skied the 1st week of Feb pretty much each year for the last decade in resorts such as(3V's, La Plagne, Tignes & VD, ADH & Avoriaz.
The weather has been anything from +21degC and clear blues to –20deg C and non-stop snow - I actually prefer the latter.
Last year in La Plagne I skied in fleece all week and lounged outside in a T-shirt every lunchtime. The year before was Avoriaz and the week was spent in full battle dress - best skiing I’ve ever had though!

Take sufficient gear to cover both scenarios.
snow report
Talking about weather (which we were??), anyone now of a good local weather forecast for Courchevel? The repoert on the official Courchevel site seems to be far too general.
ski holidays
Hywel, there's a really good one (in fact the whole site is good) on the unofficial Méribel site, live updates, etc.....

http://www.merinet.com/weather_live.php
latest report
PG,

Thankyou Oh wise-one. That's exactly what I was looking for Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy