Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How ski schools are going multi-dimensional, multi-functional

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Responding to the many alternative 'platforms' that now slide snow, ski schools have gone multi-disciplinary. American ski schools are wiping the blackboard and thinking anew as customers demand fresh angles. This report from Rocky Mountain News. They say:
Quote:
Virtually anything goes on the snow these days, as ski schools branch out to include jibbers, freeriders, boarders, big-mountain extremists, tele-skiers or just about any style or method of sliding on snow you can think of. It's all about the guests, their ability level and what they want to get accomplished on the hill.

"We're still trying to break down the stereotype that if you come to ski school, you're going to stand around and be bored," said Dee Byrne, director of Vail's Ski and Snowboard School, which offers specialized programs to keep upper-intermediate to advanced snow riders interested and progressing in their sport.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bet the ESF will have something to say about that. wink

Way to go, y'all snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kuwait Ian, what's your address I'll post you a copy of the La Rosiere brochure which includes sections for all the ski schools. They all offer guiding, funpark, heli skiing, freestyle and performance. Additionally, ski randonee, which you can book through us and snow-shoe walks as well as ice diving and parapenting. If you want to try something new my son can take you kite skiing or boarding. We're already doing it, if you can't wait for the brochure check out www.larosiere.net and click through to ski schools.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David@traxvax, tks for the offer but my skiing is hopefully with both skis firmly on the piste and body upright. No way am I into aerial stuff. What is it about old dogs and new tricks. But I'm pleased to hear already it's happening in France. More power, Master.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
whats " jibbers "? snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kuwait_ian, Echoing David@traxvax, most of this stuff isn fairly standard in europe in most big resorts already.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kuwait_ian, getcha anything EFS ignores it and has nothing to say..... rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hibernia wrote:
whats " jibbers "? snowHead

Jibbers are people who like sliding down rails...(on skis/snowboards, that is). Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Manda, The ESF in LDA already do it! I'm no big fan, but you gotta be fair.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
"We're still trying to break down the stereotype that if you come to ski school, you're going to stand around and be bored,"

What stereotype's that? I've never heard that before.

I'd have thought that a jibber was something to do with sailing, meself. Confused
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
"That's also the basic philosophy at Winter Park, said ski school director Bob Barnes. "

- So the legendary Bob Barnes is now SSD at Winter Park?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy