Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dry Slopes

Poster: A snowHead
I am off to Ipswich dry slope on the 4th dec (sisters birthday). She is having a skiing lesson (silly girl) so I thought I would do an hours boarding. I have never boarded on a dry slope, only on snow (even then not very well!!)

Has anyone boarded on a dry slope? Is it really different? Does it hurt when you fall? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is different to snow in the same way that skiing on snow/dryslopes differ. It does hurt when you fall especially on your bum! The worst is if you twist as you fall cause you really hammer your hip bones when you land. Best advice I can give is too wear something thick (ie thick trousers and a padded jacket or jumper that will give you some protection).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm presuming it's dendex? Yes, it is really different (harder) and it hurts like hell if you fall. I killed one of my knees on the bristles a while back...knee pads would help, I guess?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kevin Robertson, don't be surprised/annoyed if the slope won't let you out on a board without assessing your competence or insisting that you have a lesson.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good point Alan, we weren't allowed on as beginners until we had 2 lessons and then it was only at specific times. So that we were not a danger to ourselves and others.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
At Sheffield, you only have to have the assessment if you want to borrow equipment. I think they presume that if you bring your own, then you (hopefully) know how to use it!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for that chaps, I am going to borrow their board but use my boots. They asked about my experience but never mentioned an assessment. I plan to take it fairly easy anyway as do not wish to injur myself pre-holiday!!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Indeed Kev, don't get injured before the trip. Don't forget your hard hat! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
.....and my hi-vis, so they see me coming!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Expect to get hurt, so take it easyand wear as much padding as possible.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My bottom and my belly give me natural protection!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Look after those wrists.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kevs wrists must be as strong as they come, but you still can't take any chances! Razz
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ouch! Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well tried it..................it was awful. Never again!!!!! Did about two runs, really difficult to turn the board and so slow (even to my standards). Can not recommend this to anyone. Twisted Evil
snow report
Why's my post count not increasing..........I appear stuck on 58?
snow conditions
Duohhh!!!! Ignore me.....running total (it will now be 60) - right off home, clearly going mad!
snow conditions
Kev,you changed your email address?
ski holidays
No mate, just don't use home email very often.....tend to do it at work! (instead of working)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy