Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
PG, You certainly know how to torture those of us marooned on this island devoid of snow.
Only 37 days to go snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This looks more like it!!

http://www.yseski.co.uk/todaysphoto.html snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just got back from Val d'Isere this evening. 15cms of powder fell overnight on Thursday, there were some fresh tracks to be had on Friday, a further 30cms of powder fell on Friday night, but unfortunately got blown straight off the mountain in the high winds, however at 0500 am this morning there was a further 30cms collecting. It continued to snow heavily all the way down the mountain, well past Bourg. In the resort only a few runs are open, mostly greens and blues, however it does look like they will be successful in opening most of the rest of the resort this week.

All in all, last week was not the greatest week for skiing, but I still had fun with my friends, showing them around a few of the runs.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kramer, sorry to hear the conditions were not ideal, but then you were out there a trifle early. Glad you managed to have a good time all the same.
As you say, it is not good when there is lots of wind when it snows. But all this snow must go somewhere. So where does it go? It can't just vanish. Does it end up the same place all those lost biros go to? Maybe my drill chuck-key is there? Wherever that is. . . .
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have just returned from Tignes last night, I think a day or two early. 3 days of constant snow. If the winds drop then the place will be a playground for those in resort from christmas.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from Tignes - snow quality's bluddy brilliant for anyone out there right now. Deep & crisp & even right down to Bourg, as Kramer, says. Saw it with my own eyes onboard coach descending to Geneva. Sigh. Am looking forward to skiing Espace Killy later this season - with snow! Should be fun!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
just as long as it is still good in mid Jan...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tony Lane, don't worry - the snow's well and truely deep now. It ain't gonna melt by the time you arrive snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just received an update from our man in Val d'Isere (or, to be more exact, our Michelle)...
Snowing last night, they were lucky to get the coach up to the resort. Today her SO has torn a ligament.
Out of love for him, she is letting him sit on his own and watch whatever TV he wants, and to keep out of his hair (!), she has forced herself out onto the slopes. A martyr to the end is Michelle!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just heard on Radio Val conditions described as glacial, -14 in the vilage forecast for tonight, don't forget to pack your thermals.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oddly similar to last year. I hadn't realised snowfall had succumbed to the modern mantra of "just in time" but that's been two years now. It was also extremely cold last Xmas, I've some photos of Mrs shivering and looking cold in various locations round the Gd Massif Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just back from Val D, and the conditions were near perfection. About 3ft of snow fell last weekend, stopping just as we got off the transfer coach on Sunday night, and we hardly saw another cloud in the sky all week! It was certainly a bit parky, particularly early in the week, but this just helped to keep the pistes perfect and squeaky. Some of the steeper and more exposed upper slopes above Tignes became a bit rocky as the week progressed, but still perfectly skiable. Started snowing again on Saturday evening, and was still snowing as we were leaving yesterday - great conditions for the weeks(s) ahead! snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just back from Val, last skiing on Sunday 26 Dec. Most of the resort is open, but a few runs and lifts were closed because of lack of snow. The big fall around 18 Dec opened up a vast amount of terrain, but falling on an old unstable base made the avalanche risk high. There have been large numbers of natural avalanches all over the place. Only heard of one (Chanrossa) where people were involved. A little new snow fell for Sunday morning and it covered many off piste tracks, but the old tracks have hard blown-in snow and can act as leg-breakers for the unwary.

Off piste has been good, did several trips around Pays Desert (had to walk back up the drag lift twice); three trips over Col Pers; and once into the Sachette. Lots of good powder skiing. But nothing steep because of the unstable snow base and the risk of avalanching.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy