Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

courchevel

Poster: A snowHead
off to 1850 with the family. Anyone with experience of private lessons in this area? We would like to gain confidence in skiing moguls and off piste.
Instructors who listen and don't want to turn us into racing pros would be a good start.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think there is an extensive thread on this somewhere in the past. We used a French school, Ski Academy. We hired private instructors for 4 different levels that we wanted. Works out no more expensive than "ski school". 3 that I recll were Sophie, Laurent, and Raphael. Very good English. The group I was in was with Raphael, his English was not as good as the other 2, but his instruction and observation were simply fabulous. The 4 of us agreed that they were the best lessons we had ever experienced. It was definatley NOT "follow me"
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mij, My 13 yr old daughter and I learned to snowboard with Kevin, of Ski Supreme who was an extremely patient American. the school seemed well run and was my best learning experience on 25 years on the slopes Madeye-Smiley I don't doubt that their ski teaching is also good - they are a Scottish outfit, not French by the way
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Used New Generation when we were in Courchevel. Very good, and they all speak fluent English.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is an extensive thread on this .....somewhere..... admin help!!!

Avoiding EFS (as per): British run ski schools in Courchevel include Magic in Motion, New Generation, & Snow Systems. They all recruit excellent caliber and (most importantly) sufficently fluent english speaking instructors, and all appear to receive rave reviews from Brits. Have a look on line at their websites.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We've just booked New Generation in Courchevel - for a March holiday. You need to be quick!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
many thanks everyone. I'll get on to all your suggestions.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think this was the thread you were looking for:

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=971
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There seems to be an obsession with the Queens English. I agree that some one who speaks very poor English may struggle to convey their instruction, but surely average English in a superb instructor is preferable to perfect English in an average instructor.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, a subtle point, and one that you've expressed very well. But how much longer would it take an average, non-native English speaker to express the same sentiment with equal clarity?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Laundryman, probably depends on the quality of the hand movements.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
laundryman, 26.425 Toofy Grin seconds
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David@traxvax, Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, absolutely right. The reason that I've skied with New Gen and other British ski schools is not because I'm (more or less) guaranteed native English speakers to teach me, but because there is a very high probability that the instructor will be an excellent teacher of skiing. I've had ESF instructors who had very good English but were not good ski teachers - they seemed stuck in some 1970s time-warp when it came to skiing technique and seemed to believe that having me follow them around the mountain with almost no feedback was a perfectly acceptable learning mode.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Manda, not sure that Magic in Motion is British. Our MinM instructor was French and was the 'follow me' type after the first day.
snow conditions
Don't know about ski instruction, but can recommend Tom of RTM snowboarding for.... er.... snowboarding Happy
www.rtmsnowboarding.com
ski holidays
Simon at New Generation is an excellent skier and, so i hear, an excellent teacher as well. The fact that he happens to be a friend of mine is entirely incidental!
snow conditions
Well I've jumped into this thread - but having listened to the info. I've booked a couple of private lessons from Ski Supreme - was very pleased with the friendly manner of the phone call - bodes well snowHead
ski holidays
I'm a big supporter of Supreme - they don't seem to get the publicity that the others get but they've served us well ... taking my (then) 3 year old to play with the dog in the office when she got tired, having my 8 year old taught consecutively by Alain Baxter's mum and aunt - how cool is that? (and by the way they are both excellent teachers) - and they are untiringly helpful and charming in my experience. Enjoy it and say hello to Naomi in the office - when are you there?
Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy