Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What did you forget!

Poster: A snowHead
Morning all, I have just returned from a good week in Saalbach/Hinterglem. The snow conditions and weather could not be better. Despite nearly 40 weeks of skiing only the last four or five have been pain free, after finding the perfect ski boot for me. So you can imagine my horror at discovering that I left them in the middle of my living room, and having to rent for the week. It was a painful mistake.

I contemplated asking my heavily pregnant ski loving wife to courior them out to me. I decided against this as her initial laughter at seeing them left behind, turned into spite for me skiing without her. She phoned me to tell me that she was wearing them and using them to break and bend my golf clubs. Hormons eh!

Has anyone forgotton to take anything as important. (I mean my boots not my wife!)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski pants.

Turned out to be a benefit as I had to buy a new pair before I could ski and I got a bright yellow pair. My girlfriend (and others) now have no problem spotting me on the slopes.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And the reason I owned those ski pants (the ones I left behind) is that on a trip to Davos via Stuttgart (meeting a friend there who drove the rest of the way) Lufthansa sent my boot bag to Zurich instead of Stuttgart. My salopettes were packed in my boot bag so I had to buy there. Worse still, so were my boots. So I had to hire those, but needless to say I couldn't get a pair that fitted properly. Skiing was very painful for those few days (and it affects your ability so much). You have my sympathies Ken.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ken, I'm off to Saalbach on Saturday. Its snowing big time this week. Where did you stay? Any tips for nightlife?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello Hayley,

Not sure how much help I'm going to be, as I was shepherding a group of 40 school kids. They were aged 15 and 16. They're sole intention seemed to be aimed at getting drunk and shagging each other. Our intention was to try and stop them, which if I cast my mind back 22 years is nigh on impossible!

Our accommodation was 5 mins by road outside of Hinterglem, in a youth hostel/hotel (no bar! In fact on finding I had arrived after 18 hrs on a coach, without my boots to a place with no bar and half a dozen toilets and showers for 52 people I nearly jumped ship.). Which whilst comfortable prevented any usual apres ski. Fortunately, we had enough staff to spread the burden. So therefore, on a couple of the nights I managed to get out albeit at gone 1 in the morning to sample the local delights. Had a good time at Bobby's, Kings and the London Bar. The down side was of course having to be back and up to wake the kids for breakfast.

That aside we had an excellent week in near perfect conditions. additionally the kids behaved pretty well (or maybe we just didn't find out) It was my 4th visit to Saalbach, each time the infrastructure has improved. There is plenty to ski for all levels of ability, if the snow continues there are many opportunities for off piste. If your preference is for wide open cruising runs then you have hit the jackpot. On the downside, the resort is expected to be busy. There is a Dutch half term. Which provides larger numbers of kids than the UK half term.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Ken! Your very brave taking that many kids. I remember school trips well - nothing's changed! A lot of snow is expected this week so I'm hoping the sun comes out at the weekend! The skiing sounds perfect for our group. I hope we avoid the half term.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ken - in a screwed up way this has made me laugh...
(I think its because I know that theres a high probability that I would do something similar!)
At least you won't do it next time - you'll be too paranoid!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I used to have a recurring nightmare where we got to the resortl and my partner is pacing the room, raring to get his ski gear on and get out on the piste. In my dream, to my horror I have left all our salopettes, jackets, boots, goggles everything at home and am working myself up to tell him when I always wake up. mind you, this only serves to make check, double and treble check my packing before we leave the house!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can't your partner take some responsibility? Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What?! You must be joking. When we go away skiing, he just hopes that his gear and clean knickers are going too! He's a busy man and I am a great organiser. Little Angel
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sounds familiar Beverley! Lets face it, I'd rather sort out the packing myself than end up with all the wrong clothes and no knickers probably Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We're going for the lightweight approach this year - i.e. not taking a suitcase of stuff which you never wear, but drag halfway across Europe.

On this basis I happily forecast soemthing WILL be left behind Confused
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Back to the original discussion...I managed to forget my swimming trunks last time. Which were to be used to cover my Englishness in the hotel sauna. Anyway, managed to brave the sauna without, and was treated to a lengthy discussion by a group of Austrian's about how sad all the English were for wearing swimming costumes in saunas.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My theory is that if you can close the suitcase fairly easily, something is missing! Alternatively, travel to the resort in your ski gear!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
On my way to Tignes in December the plane forgot to turn up Sad

Now that does effect the holiday
snow report
En route to Italy last March, Dublin Airport 'forgot' to load the baggage of more than 50 passengers onto the plane, including mine & that of the other 5 people with me. Dublin then sent all our stuff to Barcelona (very handy) who held onto it for 24 hours before forwarding it to Rome! Rome were equally fond of our lovingly packed possessions, keeping it for another 24 hours. It was then sent up to Bergamo Airport who were not expecting it, so they duly returned it to Rome. After hoding onto to the baggage for yet another night, Rome finally sent it to Malpensa Airport (Milan) were it should have been all along! We arrived in Livigno on Sat evening, our baggage managed to get there by Tues lunchtime!!!
snow conditions
Right, that's me convinced.
Next time I fly out I'm wearing the full set of skiwear on the plane just to make sure it gets there. bug the clean socks and pants, if they want to turn up then that's between them and the baggage handlers but as long as I've got the right gear with me I'll be happy.
snow report
Funny you should say that, I did notice a disproportionate no. of ski jackets being worn on our Dublin flight this year (including mine!!) and many arguements were undertaken with the grumpy check-in staff about taking boot-bags on as handluggage - all to no avail though.
ski holidays
I make sure I have a duplicate set of everything tucked up in my ski bag and in my luggage bag, on the basis that surely they can't lose both & I'll still be able to get that first days skiing in Very Happy - I know, doesn't always work that way Laughing
latest report
What about boots? Surely you don't have two pairs ?!?!
ski holidays
Cathy - i'm exactly the same - make sure that boot bag has spare fleece, ski socks, gloves, contact lenses, etc. so that I can at least go skiing rather than have to go shopping if a bag goes missing. (Also do this on other holidays - if there's 2 of you, pack each bag with half of each persons stuff...)
Can't be doing with shopping when there's skiing to be done...
ski holidays
Doesn't everyone Masopa?? Very Happy

Reckon could manage to nip to hire shop in the evening to rent skis and/or boots if needbe!
snow conditions
Wife and kids. Every year I seem to forget to take them......fantastic, eh!
ski holidays
Cathy & Mountain Mad We had all used this cunning plan but it fails miserbly when the Baggage Handlers 'forget' to load 3 cages of luggage onto the plane - NOTHING TURNED UP. Must admit though it was advantageous in the end as you get £25/bag/day. As we had all split our luggage (I had 3 bags) we were quids in! Between that & ins payout, I got all but £20 of the price of the holiday back!! Bloody awful start to a skiing holiday though!! Mad
snow report
Had to laugh when I was in Val T last month. One of the tour op coaches had a problem with the ski locker thing on the back, ie the door opened on the transfer and a few of the skis fell out on the journey and were lost.

One poor boarder (the fact it's a boarder makes it even funnier IMO!!) had packed all his clothes, everything, in his board bag along with his snowboard. How p***ed off must he have been when he arrived at the resort!! Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy