Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lucky escape for British skier in Gressoney

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Saturday's Scotsman carried this report on a British skier who got lost off-piste near Gressoney but was lucky enough to find a shepherd's hut to sit out the night. There's been very heavy snow in that area over recent days.

He makes the interesting point that a mobile call from the hut could have saved his wife anxiety, and the rescue people a search in nasty conditions.
But overall the message is - once again - that skiing alone off-piste can cost you your life.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
He says he didn't have his mobile with him, but even if he did there is no guarantee that it would have worked.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mobile coverage in Italy is pretty good...especially in the mountains...

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 23-02-04 10:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I carry my mobile (and now a GPS) "just in case", thankfully never used for much more than hooking up with the family at close of play.

sherman-maeir, this has been said a few times before. I'm no phone expert, but use O2 and it seems to work everywhere I've been with it. I take it that isn't the norm.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can't believe that!!! My first time on this site and I know this bloke!!!!! He was an ex-client and a bit of a friend but not seen him for 6 years or more. He recommended Ste Foy to me ages ago. I know he's a very good skier. The further irony is that I'm off for a long weekend ski to Champolouc on April 2 so will be careful not to follow in his footsteps Wink Wink

Now to get back in touch with him Exclamation
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Welcome to the gang, mikehall58, please don't follow in your friends footsteps - we wouldn't want to lose you so soon! Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers Ian. I'm a SCGB refugee and will be using both sites from now on. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The skier involved in this lucky rescue, Nigel Magson, may now be faced with a huge bill for the team who searched for him, according to this report from Gloucestershire Echo.

It seems that not only was he skiing off-piste alone, he wasn't insured to be there in the first place. I wonder how many other skiers will be off-piste without insurance this winter?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I see he got two name checks for his company, maybe increased business will help with the rescue charge!

What's the deal with mountain rescue in the UK, I assumed that was voluntary and free?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've spoken to Nigel this morning (first time in 6 years) but he didn't mention having to pay for the rescue. I'll email him and post a response. Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy