Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

South coast members meeting ?

Poster: A snowHead
So what's happening people ? Confused
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not meet somewhere near Fratton Park in Pompey!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmm given th erecent events at that particular location that's one I'm going to give a miss Confused
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Dolphin, Osbourne Road South, St. Denys,Southampton - next to St. Denys Station.

Just need the date now...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
is that the road that runs parallel to the main A335 road, forgive my ignorance but I've only ever been to that part of southampton about 4 times in the last 18 years.

I know where bevois valley road is if that helps on the directions side of things.

As for when, the sooner the better Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
point to it here if you like

streetmap

useful website I find Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Mark
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So, seems we're agreed on The Dolphin, St. Denys, Southampton. Now we need a date.

How about Sat 24th April?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pete Horn wrote:
How about Sat 24th April?

Sounds good to me.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
...and me...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Think I can cope with that !
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What time are you planning on starting? Might be able to swing by for a quick half but otherwise pretty busy that day....

I
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wondered when someone would ask that. How does lunchtime sound, say 1 o'clock?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You guys would all choose a pub 10 mins walk from my house, when I'm going to have gone away for the weekend.... Sad It's a conspiracy, I tell you...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I posed the date question on Monday. Rather inattentive of you to not spot it till now Razz
snow conditions
Going to have to bow out for the 24th - will be ski=ing! Was a hard decision to make snowHead Wink
latest report
Mark when will you be back ? and to both yourself and Catriona would there be a better date ? / Time ?
snow report
I was in Austria on Monday Razz snowHead

I hope that some of you can come to Southampton Beer Festival (he says deliberately proposing a date when Pete isn't around!) Razz snowHead Very Happy Ian Black, Vic Dennis, me, (possibly, as he may be playing cricket) Danny O'Connell, etc. will be there as staff.
snow report
I'm generally a bit hit and miss - with the sailing season starting & yet another year of weddings & hen parties...(when will it ever end!?).

So best bet for me is to just try and fit in with whatever you lot decide....
snow report
Well so far we've got the usual Southampton drinking crowd (Vic, Danny, Moosepig and me but minus Alex) and DG Orf with a possible guest appearance from Catriona.

Definite no from Mark and Alex.

I'll PM Slowplough, Mr T, NKITB and Sherman-Maeir to see if they can make it.

Otherwise another date would be better (and keep Alex happy). Vic & I can do 22 May, otherwise I'm not around until July 17. (I'm working in Portugal June/beginning July, don't let that stop the rest of you meeting up).
snow conditions
Can't do this weekend but May22 should be ok I think, Mark will be around then so maybe he'll be able to make it.
Slowplough
snow report
As a resident of Porstmouth I am not allowed to set foot in Southampton under a local bye-law. Infringement of this could cause me problems if the 657 Crew found out.
So I cannot make it
Sorry
ski holidays
New Kid In The Block,

I went down to watch the game Saturday, excellent result. Did you get to go?
latest report
Haven't been since I was 7, but it was a good one to win!
snow report
New Kid In The Block,

We frequently smuggle our Portsmouth friends past the border patrol at St Denys Wink
latest report
Shall we do May 22nd instead then? (Or as well?)

Is that OK with you DG Orf & Catriona?
snow report
Fine by me Cool
ski holidays
Just remembered - I'm at a wedding on the 22nd May.... my life is chaos!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You'd better just ignore trying to get me to come along - I'm away the weekend of 22nd May as well. Visiting my Godfather in Shropshire this weekend and visiting my Aunt, Uncle and Cousins in Sussex on 22nd May! Sad
snow report
OK, as the season's at an end, I can state quite safely that the 22nd May is good with me.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 26-04-04 15:18; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Catriona, just so long as it was not your own wedding you'd forgotten Laughing that really would be bad Shocked
snow conditions
So are we planning a meeting anytime?
snow report
I think we are on for 22nd May at the moment, though that doesn't suit Alex, Catriona or Danny. (I know Danny hasn't said so here but he will be playing cricket then).

Any other suggestions - lets hear them here. You never know, there might be a better time for more of us.
ski holidays
Mark Hunter,
Quote:

as the season's at an end
there still a chance to book the train down to Val-T for the 1st-9th May Mark - u know u want to Twisted Evil
latest report
Quote:
OK, as the season's at an end

Not quite!!..... and what's more, there's quite a dump forecast from Thursday for a couple of days.... so I'm hoping that it's not too warm and the snow doesn't vanish as soon as sun puts in an appearance. Either way, I'm definitely planning a day in VT and up at Tignes on the glacier. Ise is still skiing, he's up at VD again today, while I'm heading up to Arc 2000 after I've had my croissants... Yesterday was great in VD, but I would have thought they might have dropped the day pass price a little, no reduction on 38 euros for Espace Killy. Last chance, folks!!
ski holidays
Val-T pass has dropped in price a bit though.
latest report
admin, PG, for us mere mortals, the season is over Sad and the ski gear has been washed and stowed in the ski cupboard, there to remain until December (well, apart from a couple of trips to MK Snowzone)......that said......no, I won't be tempted. There have been enough trips as it is snowHead

Anyone know of any cheap accomodation..... Wink
ski holidays
Considering neither Catriona, Alex nor Danny can make it for 22nd May, is it worth thinking about the Sunday - 23rd May?
ski holidays
like I said before just about any day is fine by me
snow report
Good grief.....have you lot still not got your act together? rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy