Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Espace Killy lift pass prices

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My French is very poor and I don't trust my interpretation of this pdf.

The 15 day pass is €349.50 (€17 more than the 14 day pass).
then it says 'A/C du 16ème jour - Prix par jour €9'
and 'Prolongation 1 jour - €31'

I take that to mean if you book more than 15 days to begin with each extra day is €9 (quite a good rate as extra days leading up to 15 are €17), but if you book a pass then subsequently extend it that will cost you €31 (incidentally the difference between a 1 day and a two day pass).

Have I got it right?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That looks about right.

Then again, it's French... who can tell? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
Then again, it's French... who can tell?
People who speak French, surprisingly.

Yes that's right Pete Horn, A.C. being à compter (du) - with effect from.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're guy no.1 you decide ahead of time that you want, say, 17 days on the slopes, you pay for 15days and get the extra 2 days at 9Euro per day.

If however, you've guy no.2 and you pay for 15days, get on the slopes and decide it's so wonderful you want to extend by 2 days, you get to pay 31Euro per day.

Puzzled

Now to my mind, guy no.2 is getting a raw deal. Like guy no.1 he's committed to paying for 15days on the snow, but has been so wowed by the resort that he wants to stay on for 2 days - but instead of rewarding him, the lift company wants to take advantage?

Words such as "typical" "b****y" come to mind, although not necessarily in that order.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Manda, all companies want to maximise their advance orders (you can borrow money against them) and improve their cashflow (it enables them to do tiresome things like pay the staff on time). Which is why it's "typical" I would guess. Wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PG wrote:
Quote:
Then again, it's French... who can tell?
People who speak French, surprisingly.

Apologies PG, that wasn't meant to be a dig at French speakers or people, but rather a tongue-firmly-in-cheek allusion to a perceived French propensity for setting out the rules and procedures in print and then turning out to do something completely different in practice.

What Pete has conveniently forgotten to mention is that he's probably going to need a 30-day lift pass!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
laundryman, From a commercial perspective I know WHY lift companies might prefer this kind of approach, but personally I don't think it makes good commercial sense. Hence:

Quote:

instead of rewarding him, the lift company wants to take advantage

Companies that risk pissing off customers risk killing the proverbial golden goose -translates back to cashflow & paying wages.....

You know the rest.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For your next exercise in lift tarriff interpretation try the Les Arcs/ Paradiski pdf which doesn't include offers that they mention on the website - e.g. family discounts for 4-5 member families. The paradiski pass makes Espace Killy look tres bon marchee Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Manda, That's an argument against all differential pricing: someone's always going to be p...d off if someone else has paid less. From a personal point of view, as a business owner, I'm always going to reward a customer that places a big order in one go ... I get to sleep easier at night and I spend less on sales. If this were such a bad idea, the practice would have died out by now -- that's the way the 'invisible hand' of the market works -- but, in fact, I think it is pervasive.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy