Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help! I need to get fit urgently

Poster: A snowHead
I'm in the happy position of receiving an unexpected late invitation onto a corporate skiing trip in 13 days time. The trouble is that I haven't yet started on this season's fitness program (you can read that as meaning that I've done no exercise at all since last February).

What 12-day fitness program can a 40 year old male follow to prevent on-piste humiliation from his colleagues and clients?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Running/swimming at least 30 mins a day for stamina.

Lunges, calf and adductor stretch routine 30 mins a day.

Then go for it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Get off your backside, stop posting on the Internet and get active.....

Having said that, on a corporate trip, I'd be inclined to spend more time drinking milk thistle to give to old liver a bit of a flush out, and stock up on some serious Z's
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Start drinking - get that liver prepared
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Running - Hill work and sprints. For cardio. Try and alternate each day.

Crunches and push ups for upper body and core. A good tip is do sets of 25 every time there is an advert break on the TV.

Have a day's break in the middle.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fitness schmitness! Buy better and (most importantly) less appropriate kit than everone else is likely to have. If they ski moguls and icy blacks, for example, just get reverse camber, reverse sidecut 120mm waist powder skis. That way when they head for the 45 degree mogul nightmares you can say "See you at the bar in an hour, I'm off to hit the powder for a couple of laps" You can then sneak off for a bit of a breather - having 45mm race sticks, they're unlikely to follow. Just remember to stick a couple of twigs in your hat and dust yourself down with snow before entering the bar.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think caution's in order. If you try too enthusiastic an exercise regime you're more likely to do yourself in before the trip than get fit for it and that'd put the spoilers on it for sure.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonny Jones, cycle/swim/run to the resort.

I'd start now though wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonny Jones, Invest in a large knee brace that you can put on & take off as you feel necessary. So you can ski to your fitness level & then bask in sympathy after wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Go to one kung fu (or similar martial art) class and then replicate their warm up routine once a day until the holiday.... that'll get your heart pumping and make you very flexible.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Day 1 Swim
Day 2 Gym
Day 3 rest

x 4.
well what you waiting for ?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nick-o

Quote:

Go to one kung fu (or similar martial art) class and then replicate their warm up routine once a day until the holiday.... that'll get your heart pumping and make you very flexible.

I wouldn't be entirely sure of that. I have quite a bit of experience in that field and can advise that not all (or many) would be good or match the requirements for skiing.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
... and evening of Day 2 = drinking practice.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
and sex, that's very good excercise too, and lots of it Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
masmith, especially if you have a partner
ski holidays
And don't forget squats - invaluable if you intend to use European on-piste toilet facilities Shocked
snow report
This all sounds a bit painful. I'm not sure that I can run for 10 minutes, so Tim Sawyer's 1 hour per day regime sounds like pure agony. I need to weigh up the pain of possible humiliation on the slopes against the certainty of pain in my body before I get there.

My head tells me to grab the running shoes. My heart tells me to pour another glass of wine.
snow report
The heart is rarely wrong!!
latest report
This is where I own up to not having done any specific exercise, for the first time before a ski trip. The odd run and some long walks and that's about it. I may well be going on an intensive get fit course when I get back, before I go on my next trip Toofy Grin
ski holidays
At all times when sitting standing or lying down pull your navel in towards your spine there by working your core muscles ! If running is too much just alternate 2 mins jogging with one min fast walking put some effort in but dont kill yourself! With training think of it as though you are filling your bank account (ie muscles etc) and when you go skiing you are going to take it all out and thats normally enough motivation for me !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy