Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Post excision mortons neuromas - what now?????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone help / offer advice?
I learned to ski at a younger age - had no problems with feet / boots and was a competent and confident skier. In my early twentys had several lots of spinal surgery for lower back problems - then had 2 children - and 5 years ago took to the slopes again - each year my feet become more painful - and I have gradually lost most of my confidence and competence because of this.
This year a podiatrist diagnosed mortons neuroma and i had bilateral excision of said beasts in October.

My question is what now?? My feet are still not fully recovered and I am due to go on ski holiday in February. My Boots (2 years old) will i guess need some sort of work on them - but it's really a question of where to go to for the expert help. These boots have been moulded and treaked to high heaven over the past few years in a variety of resorts - but not sure if I need new boots - or just some sort of whizzy inner???

I am worried that yet another year of ill fitting boots - severe pain and not being able to ski will put me off the annual ski holiday forever - and since my husband - my children and large group of friends all ski - really don't want this to happen.

Is there any hope for me to firstly get the boots right - and secondly - as a 41 year old - gain some of the confidence back that i have lost??????
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mlisle, welcome to snowHead s

The bootfitters according to the concensus on here are CEM who is in Bicester - and many snowHead s have travelled good distances to see him, the team at Lockwoods in Leamington Spa and SMALLZOOKEEPER in Chamonix.

Since your foot problems sound to be not only realted to your ski boots, I would advise going to a fott-person who also know s a lot about boots - and that would be CEM (I've not met him BTW, but he writes a lot of sense!)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mlisle, I would second the suggestion of CEM. I had Mortons Neuroma Surgery over 2 consecutive summers, so I have some knowledge of what you have been through. My surgeon has commented on the effectiveness of a metatarsal bar made for me by CEM. They both know their stuff!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mlisle, Another vote for CEM. I travelled from Manchester to see him and came away with an excellent pair of comfy Shocked well fitted boots Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
www.solutions4feet.com is CEM (Colin)
www.footworks.fr is SMALLZOOKEEPER (Steve)

Both have a great reputation for good bootfitting.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have Mortons Neuroma and got great relief but not cure from an adjustment done by LZK to my footbed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have had 2 Neuroma's removed from my right foot, one last year, then within 12 months another one had grown, this was removed on July 4th this year, while the surgeon was operating another small one was found, this was also removed, each time I had a section of the nerve removed as well. I went to Tignes in November, just over 4 months after surgery and was terrfieid about getting my foot into a boot, luckily I found a pair which fitted well and although there was some pain, I still enjoyed my skiing.

My feet both hurt after the holiday though and I have ended up being referred to the surgeon again as my Dr feels (and I am sure he is right) I have another neuroma growing on my left foot this time.

Since first being diagnosed, I have worn orthotics which were specially made for me, it has also been suggested I wear them in my boots, but I will have to get new ones made as my current ones are too thick. I may try arch supports first, I need to make sure my boots are ok as I am skiing again in April and plan on having the neuroma removed after then and not before !!.

snowbunny, the metatarsal bar sounds interesting, how does it work ?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pippivixen, After 2 Neuroma excision's I have lost plenty of the volume from the ball of my foot. The "bar" lifts the 2nd ray of the metatarsals at 2 and 3. This keeps the bones clear of pressure when I walk. CEM made me one within a Superfeet footbed for my everyday footwear, and has adapted a Superfeet Kork footbed for my skiboots. Bliss Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowbunny, thanks and also many thanks to all the others who have recommended CEM. I have made an appointment for a few weeks time, rather than fiddle about with my current orthotics, I am going to start from scratch again. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I believe I developed Morton's Neuroma from my ski boots, in both feet. I got the sensations described from new boots and no one knew what it was until I had the burning and the feeling like I was standing on a rod all the time. Have managed the problems day to day, but not in ski boots and end each ski day in Pain. Who is CEM and Where do I find him or her. Thanks
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skigrandma, welcome to snowheads. CEM is a snowhead (colin) , his company is in bicester http://solutions4feet.co.uk/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy