Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many resorts have you visited

Poster: A snowHead
In making my entry for Skier profiles I discovered I had skied in 49 resorts though a few were only for a day (though I counted Courchevel - Le Praz - La Tania / Meribel - Mottaret / Val Thorens - Les Menuires - St. Martin de Belleville as 3, having stayed in all 3 valleys. It could have been one or about 11.)
Can anyone top that?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is Val d'Isere / Tignes one or two, Les Arcs one, La Plagne one?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't know about topping it my friend, but a rough estimate would have me at between 45 - 50. My favourite you ask? (I know you didn't!) It would have to be Obergurgl & Hochgurgl as I think they offer the best combination of piste & off, hospitality, chocolate-box scenery, and ease of travel.

Roll on Jan 8th when I'll be visiting for the 11th time!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well, I counted Les Arcs as one, though I've stayed at 1600 and 1800, and La Plagne as one (I've skied there only a day and on the Tarantaise circuit from Val d'Isere several times), and Tignes / Val d'Isere as two, having stayed in both. But I can't see any way to make a rule.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I make mine 51, using the same criteria as above. I have tried to be fair - counted the Jungfrau region as 3, Porte de Soleil as 4 (Morzine, Avoriaz, Chatel, and Morgins ignoring time spent at places like Les Gets, etc.), the Sella Ronda as 1 (Arraba), and Soll and Scheffau separatly.
My favourites are Snowbird, Serre Chevalier, Courcheval, and St Foy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I was just logging back on to report the following coincidence, that I am 49 and can remember going to 49 ski areas. However, read the one above and remembered Morzine and Avoriaz, which put me up to 51 remembered.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Okay, if we're counting the 3 vallees as 3 resorts and Banff as 3 resorts (Sunshine, Lake Louse and Norquay), then I've been to 9 resorts (didn't quite make it to Norquay!) (10 if you include Milton Keynes and 11 if you include our local dry slope!). Laughing

So that's Lake Louise, Sunshine, Whistler, Val Despair (+2 other valleys) , Meribel (+2 other valleys). snowHead

Well I've only been skiing 4 years, so I think I've done okay. Very Happy

It sounds really pitiful compared to everyone elses but then Whistler tops the lot of them and in my 3rd year there I was still skiing new runs. I'm saving the double-diamond black runs for the coming season. Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flaine, La Plagne (also Champagny), Les Arcs, La Rosiere, Lake Louise, Sunshine, Courchevel (1 day) Sestriere (1 day), Serre Chevalier, Deux Alpes (summer glacier), Castleford, Silksworth dry slope. so I make that 12 .
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Trouble is, as you get older you don't tend to rack up the resorts as quickly, lucky to get one new resort each season. I should manage to visit one resort new to me, Killington, in addition to the familiar Tarantaise resorts. I would love to have a road trip around the Alps, exploring those resorts that you cannot justify spending a precious week at. Has anyone done that? How difficult is it to get one or two nights accomodation on spec?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
La Plagne, Val D’Isere, Livigno, Arc 1800, Val Thorens, Verbier, Heavenly, Kirkwood, Alpine Meadows, Squaw Valley, Sierra at Tahoe, Les Deux Alpes, Alpe d’Huez, Whistler, Cervinia/Zermatt, Canazei (counted as 1), Sauze d’Oulx (counted as 1), Kicking Horse, Big Sky, Bridger Bowl, Big Mountain, Mount Norquay, Sunshine, Lake Louise, Nakiska, Panorama

26 not counting any other resorts visted whilst in Val Thorens, Canazei or Sauze.

Who has been to the most countries and who has skied in the most exotic place ? Pretty sure I can't compete, Bridger Bowl is off the beaten track but that's about it.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowy wrote:
Okay, if we're counting the 3 vallees as 3 resorts and Banff as 3 resorts (Sunshine, Lake Louse and Norquay), then I've been to 9 resorts (didn't quite make it to Norquay!) (10 if you include Milton Keynes and 11 if you include our local dry slope!). Laughing

So that's Lake Louise, Sunshine, Whistler, Val Despair (+2 other valleys) , Meribel (+2 other valleys).

I called Tignes/Val d'Isere as two. Did you count Fornet as a proper resort?

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 12-11-04 20:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
NickW, "Not counting other resorts visited from Val d'Isere"?
Do you mean Saint Foy, La Rosiere etc? If you skied a day there then count them!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I don't know about the grand total, but one season alone we visited/skied 22 resorts, mostly in the southern Alps: 12 races on Sundays and the occasional Wednesday in different resorts, plus training in five completely separate ski areas around Orcières-Merlette - Ancelle, Chaillol, Céüse, Merlette itself and Laye... plus Courchevel, 2 Alpes, Alpe d'Huez, Pitztal and some place in the Czech Republic - can't remember the name.

Anyone top that in a single year?!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Purely for my own gratification: PDS (4), VdI, Tignes, Jungfrau (3), Verbs, La Clusaz, Champoluc, Gressoney, Alagna, Sauze D'oulx (! I was only 11 and didn't know any better), Isola 2000, Argentiere, Cham, Cortina, Courmayeur, Alta (which just rocks), Park City, Jackson Hole (except it was closed so does randoing Teton Pass count?) Mount Snow, Hunter and Wyndham

Darn, nearly forgot! Cairngorm, Glencoe and Glenshee...

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 15-11-04 14:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Welcome to snowHeads, porker964 snowHead

My total is a rather pathetic 4...
snow report
Well I've skiied at Tignes, Val, and d'Isere Cool
snow report
I am quite content with 9 countries; France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Canada, Scotland, Norway, Sweden and Holland.

Have to cheat a bit because the one in Holland was indoor (near Ijmuiden) but I discounted England since we have proper slopes in Scotland .
ski holidays
saikee, Where did you ski in holland its flat!! Puzzled
snow report
Hillend west slope, Hillend east slope, Hillend middle slope.

Is that three?
snow report
Les Gets, Morzine, Saas-Fee, Val d'Isere, Tignes, Les Arcs, La Plagne, Beaver Creek, Vail, Copper Mtn, Breckenridge, Keystone, A-Basin, Bled, Attitash, Bear Peak.....

Can't think of any else right now, but there maybe some more..... Puzzled
ski holidays
Russell wrote:
saikee, Where did you ski in holland its flat!! Puzzled
No, I did see one hill there a few years ago, but it was obviously a mistake as they were busy mining it flat.
ski holidays
When I went to Holland spent most of my time below sea level close to the dykes very un-nerving considering the weather was bad, I was convinced we were going to be flooded.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 13-11-04 14:03; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Kramer wrote:
Hillend west slope, Hillend east slope, Hillend middle slope.

Is that three?
I once skied down a hill on Hampstead Heath, and also a flight of stairs in Highgate. (They are only about a mile apart so I don't know if that's one or two.)
latest report
Russell wrote:
When I went to Holland spent most of my time below see level.
In Holland you see level everywhere.
snow report
Ian Hopkinson wrote:
Welcome to snowHeads, porker964 snowHead

My total is a rather pathetic 4...

Thanks Ian, I can't believe I hadn't found this before. Excellent site, but oh dear another excuse for not working...

4 not pathetic at all, simply means you have even more to discover!

snowHead
snow report
OK I have had a good go at this one . I may of missed some out. This is what I have totalled so far . I havent included HeliSkiing etc
153 visits in all
78 Resorts

Alta,6 x Aspen,Season > Aspen,Aspen Highlands,Bareges,Big Bear,2 x BigMountain,Bridger Bowl,,Buttermilk,Cardrona,Catedral Bariloche,Chillan,Coronet Peak,Courcheval,El Colorado,Fernie,Galtur,Grand Targhee,2 x Haute Nendaz Verbier,3 xHeavenly Valley,Hintertux,Hunter Mountain,Season> Ischgl,3 x Jackson Hole,Kappl,2 x Kaprun,Killington,Kimberley,La Monges,La Rossiere,La Thuile,Lake Louise,Las Lenas,Les Arcs,Les Menuires,Livigno,Mamouth Mountain,Meribel,Mount Bachelor,Mount Hutt,Mount Norquay,5 x Neustift,Obergurgl,Park City,Perisher Blue,Pitztal,Portillo,Red Mountain,Remarkables,Saalbach Hinterglem,Samnaum,Santa Caterina,See,Snowbird,Snowmass,2 x Solden,Soldeu,3 x Soll,3 x Squaw Valley,32 x St Anton,2 x Season > St Anton,Steamboat Springs,Steinach,7 x Sun Valley,Season> Sun Valley,Sunshine,2 x Taos,Tasman Glacier,12 x Telluride,2 x Season > Telluride,Thredbo,Treble Cone,Turoa,Vail,Val Thorens,Valle Nevado,Valmoral,Wakkapapa,Whistler,Zell am See

Smile
ski holidays
I've visited an awful lot of resorts (in the summer) but I think I've only skied at 3 so most people will have been to more locations than myself, on the other hand I probably have more total skiing time than most people so I'm not complaining Cool
ski holidays
D G Orf, yup it's snow time that counts - you live in the right place!

I count 40 (so far!) - hoping to add La Rosiere, La Grave and Ste Foy this season.

But it's the ones you remember that count - vivid dreams from my past seasons are blue sky powder days on the Aiguille Rouge, at Lech, Le Chinaillon (oh forgot that - 41!) and last year at Antagnod (tiny place near Champoluc - only 2 pistes of any length but some lovely little knee-deep steeps through the trees)...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
D G Orf, yup it's snow time that counts - you live in the right place!

On the South Downs? Puzzled Shocked snowHead
latest report
PG, doh.... I keep getting the two of you confused... Puzzled ...I will do 100 lines "DG Wengen, PG BSM, DG Wengen, PG BSM..."

BTW - do you have Broadband in BSM???
snow report
J2Dave, it's DGO Wengen, DG is David Goldsmith Laughing
ski holidays
D G Orf, Laughing ... I must remember to wake up before surfing!
latest report
I'll go for the most exotic category. Dizin & Shemshak in Iran. If you're interested whack 'em into the site search engine to read more.
snow report
Yeah, kuwait_ian, that's more like it. Stuff all this "look how many resorts I've skied" (I only don't want to play coz I can't compete with the likes of PG and Stanton). Wierd and exotic is much more interesting.
snowball has skied a flight of stairs in Highgate .
Ian has skied in Iran
My claim to fame? About 10 years ago, three of us skied the main hospital car park.
The parked cars give you an instant mogul field. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
From a newbie to this group.
Totaled US an CAN for 51 with 1 for NZ and a further 60 in EU.
Amounts to a lot of money spent for the greatest activity there is!!!
Well not greatest but close.
latest report
Looks like you win.Very Happy
I'm afraid to ask how much you've spent on the greatest activity!
snow conditions
Welcome to snowHeads dewdew snowHead I think you and stanton can fight it out for first place Very Happy
ski holidays
The picture of the car park reminds me of a cunning plan that we had when we were staying in Val d'Isere this January, when it chucked it down with snow for a week.

Like in the picture, every car in the hotel car park was completely buried in snow, we thought that it would be quite funny to nick one of our friends car keys, dig it out, move it from the car park, and replace it with a car shaped pile of snow, to watch them try and dig it out the next day...

When it actually came to the last night, we all had far too much to drink, and it suddenly all became too much effort.
latest report
Kramer, What a shame, but it's still a great idea.
ski holidays
If we're talking car related skiing then I can claim 50 miles in one night being towed like a waterskier. Who says you can't ski without hills.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy