Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Puy St Vincent ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - Has anyone been to PSV and if so could you please give me some info as to the slopes, accomodation, restaurants and bars ? Many thanks !!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went there for my first proper ski trip. I booked very last minute so very cheap. I went about 10 years ago but had a great time as a not quite beginner.

The "resort" is just one appartment block and you can ski from the lockers. Lifts radiate out from various bits of the appartment block or you can ski down to 1400 metres (where it looks a bit more like a town). There are some very nice slopes and apparently some good off-piste/black runs which I didn't do. It's a compact ski area but should keep you happy for a couple of days at least - there is another mountain on the same lift pass but againn I didn't go. Puy is supposed to have a good snow record and the snow was excellent when I was there.

Accomodation was mainly appartments, typical French rabbit hutches but clean and convenient. There are not very many bars etc but actually this seemed to work well and I probably had the best time "apres" that I've ever had as you met up with lots of other people with the same tour operator (Snowbizz) as there we're too many other places to go.

I enjoyed it there and probably would go back with my family.

Hope this is useful
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wheely, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wheely, snowHead Welcome! snowHead Chris Reed sums up the place perfectly. 60 km of marked runs - 2 blacks, 11 reds, 13 blues, 5 greens - 16 ski lifts: 5 chairlifts, 11 ski-tows. 1 run floodlit at night. Artificial snowmaking from 1400m to 2000m. Chris, that 'twinned' resort is probably Pelvoux-Vallouise, just across the valley - there is a "Galaxie" lift pass that gives you a free day (with a minimum 6 day pass) either in Vallouise, or Serre Chevalier, Montgèvre, even 2 Alpes/La Grave - though all but Vallouise are a fair drive away. Vallouise is a lovely traditional village. Luc Alphand runs a brasserie there with brother Lionel, they brew a great selection of beers, superb restaurant too. Well worth a trip one evening if you've got a car or can splash out on a taxi .... http://www.brasserie-alphand.com/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I remember a week in Puy St Vincent with a bunch of people from the British ski trade and having a good time. This was over 20 years ago, so the memory's faded a bit, but I clearly recall the best onion soup in the world in a restaurant there.

I'd go back for that onion soup because I've never been able to replicate the formula, despite much experimentation.

Anyway, I recommend the place. Small and friendly!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Small friendly cheap : you can get a liftpass for a couple for 160 euros online.

I went there in '03 and am returning next Jan. I want reasonably steep, wide and uncrowded red runs to practice carving and I have never found anywhere better.

We went with Esprit (coz of the kids). The 2 bed appartment we had was a reasonable size and nicely sitiuated.

Not the place to go if you're a "never ski the same run twice" person though.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many thanks to you all for your kind welcomes and information. PG thanks for the brewery tip much appreciated and David if I come across the recipe for that onion soup I'll let you know !!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wheely,I ski at least one day there every year, it is worth it if only for the scenery. This year I will be trying vallouise, as I have never been. PSV is about half an hour by car from Briancon the lowest access point for Serre Chevallier
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy