Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to cross your skis and get away with it

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One way is to do it in the air.

That photo's just in from the Les Diablerets glacier in Switzerland yesterday 9 November, and shows freeskier Mathias Wecxsteen in the Rip Curl Freeski 04 event (photo: Daniano Levati). The event encountered some disruption last weekend, due to bad weather.

Here's another shot from the event: click here

Amiky, on the Dark Summer forum, got to the event (but had some difficulties with Swiss trains on the way). Here's her report.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does anyone understand the rails? Apart from clearly being a feat of balance I can't for the life of me understand it. They must ruin the bases of their skis, and for what? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Apparently it's done for fun. Usually by people not yet old enough to vote/drink/have sex. Which may help explain it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think the other driving force may be that every once in a while,if they are lucky, they get to brag about how they survived without falling ar8e over t1t Wink
Ever watched the out takes on Extream;thats gotta hurt Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rails are another challenge - you can get by on piste, and some choose to go off piste. some choose to start using the park.

so relatively shallow easy powder leads to steeper pitches, maybe some small rock drops at its extreme big cliffs.

jumps leads to bigger jumps to tricks on bigger jumps to diversify and learn to use the other available feature and there are the rails.

also in fairness, get over the excessive fear (yes you will fall, yes it may hurt - but if you think like that, how did you ever get to the level of skiing you are now?!)
and rails can become fun.

Also, the balance perspective and the theory of weighting by x amount on each ski etc is good for the rest of your skiing too

but yes the bases do get a bit of a bashing, but hey you bought them to ski on right? you wouldnt not ski off piste because you may hit a rock under the snow, would you? snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Speaking of rails....click here.

Not sure I like the look of those massive lumps of broken concrete. No doubt the skier involved has carefully assessed the risk, which explains why he's intelligently chosen not to wear a helmet this time.

Is this another Darwin event?

[P.S. There's a zoom button in the bottom RH corner of the photo if you want to make the concrete more frightening]
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith, I think the concrete is big lumps of foam put there by those Red-Bull people because they have learned a thing or two about about lawsuits since starting out on the 'organising suicidal behaviour sells product' campaign(s) ...

Darwin would not have found a rational explanation for this behaviour, so I don't think this can be explained in a Darwinian context. Unless of course sliding down a metal rail and destroying your skis has a particular appeal to the opposite sex and thereby increases your chances of propagating your genes? Possibly that would explain it? Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Clever to make those blocks of foam look like concrete - must have put the spectators on edge!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, have you ever thought how daft ski=ing is? You go up the hill, then go down the hill, and then go up the hill again, to go down the hill again. You get breathless, you're either too hot or too cold, you fall over and get wet and/or bruised. And it costs a lot of money. Daft, or what!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Here's another rail photo just in. The rail concerned is the distinguished 'West Steps Rail' of the Colorado State Capitol, Denver. A double black diamond rail, from the look of it, and no foam this time.

The mayor was there, to see any resulting carnage.

Here's the story, from Skiing Magazine.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy