Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish Snow Show this Fri-Sat (12-13 November) Edinburgh

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The first Scottish ski and board show for 10 years is this weekend at the Corn Exchange, Edinburgh (with lots of corn snow, no doubt). Lesley McKenna's new snowboard movie 'Dropstitch' will be premiered in Scotland on the Friday.

Here are the details. Scroll down the page for details of the Avalanche Ball, which includes a ceilidh and "silent auction" of holidays, equipment etc. Sounds fun.

What's a silent auction? A mime act by the auctioneer?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Damn - missed this...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So no one can tell us about the silent auction?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's against the rules.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
laundryman, aren't you thinking of 'auction club'?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ian Hopkinson, I was just being flippant. I know hardly anything about auctions. Having just googled "auction club", I came across a site saying this "1. FIRST RULE OF AUCTION CLUB IS, YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT AUCTION CLUB!", so now I am intrigued! Puzzled
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ooops - should probably applied a Very Happy

I assumed you were referring to the film, Fight Club, from which comes the line: "The first rule about Fight Club, is that you do not talk about Fight Club"

The introduction to this page explains what a silent auction is - basically no auctioneer - bids are submitted on paper and compared at a predetermined time.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's not an auction (as I understand the meaning of the word). It's a tender, or a sealed bid tender if the bids are kept secret until simultaneous opening (which is essential to mainting any trust and integrity).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David that's what I assumed in my first reading but apparently the bids are made on a piece of paper next to the lot - sounds like a receipe for a bit of a scrum!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I didnt even know it was on!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I only got wind of the show 3 days before it began - hence the very late notice we were able to give. The auction wasn't the only thing that was silent!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy