Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tamworth Snowdome promises improved snow conditions...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
...according to this report from SCUK. Tamworth's surface has been reported to be rock hard recently, so this £15,000 investment to soften the snow will be welcome.

Tamworth's snow production method is different to that used at Milton Keynes and Castleford, where the Acer Snowmec system is used (snowguns in sub-zero atmosphere). Tamworth have never publicly disclosed their snowmaking technique, but it's believed to be pulverised ice - a method originated in Australia.

If you're skiing at Tamworth and would like to file a (snow) report on what you find, that would be interesting.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've always thought Tamworth was a little like skiing on an inclined ice-rink.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
I've always thought Tamworth was a little like skiing on an inclined ice-rink.

Very true at times.But on the last couple of visits have noticed a distinct change.Good coverage from top to bottom,and no frozen ridges!!!

No idea if this is down to better snow making or just better grooming;but its very welcome.There have been times when it was downright dangerous;boarders flying in all directions along with emotionally scarred beginners Shocked Shocked Hope the better conditions now become the norm?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
not been for a couple of months so can't say what it's like now, but with the little I know about skiing i would agree with rob@rar.org.uk, there are definate ice patches and it doesn't take much to take the top layer of "snow" off.
The really small run at the back used for the ski accademy always seemed better .still it's better than nothing ... snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I sufffered my worst skiing/snowboarding injury to date at the Tamworth snowdome.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was down at Tamworth for an hour yesterday and found the snow condition actually worse than last year! The lower 2/3rds of the slope seemed to consist of a thin layer of snow on sheet ice. The edges were slightly better but were being used by 3 lots of group lessons so you couldn't really make that much use of them. Not impressed.....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went for a three hour session at Tamworth a couple of weeks ago and thought the snow had grealty improved. However, we were there first thing, so there hand't been much time for the surface to wear down. The start area at the top was a bit iffy - mostly bare, solid ice.

For me, the main problem with the Snowdome isn't the snow, it's the groups of skiers/boarders that congregate just off the centre of the piste, and then hang around chatting in the stop zone. The instructors don't give any information on pistequette to their pupils, so it's not unusual to see groups of beginners lined up across the slope. What do they use the snow academy slope for? I appreciate that beginners are put into an alien situation where common sense comes after self-preservation, but unless piste sense is taught early it will be completely forgotton in resort. A simple rule of "don't stop or wait where you wouldn't park your car if this were a road" is a good starting point. The staff could do more to move people from dangerous areas, benefitting all.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It does have its uses though - mainly for reminding those thigh muscles that havn't been used for 10 months what to expect on Thursday!!
There is also an excellent Indian restaurant in Tamwoth called The Miah where you can scoff afterwards.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It does have its uses though - mainly for reminding those thigh muscles that havn't been used for 10 months what to expect on Thursday!!
There is also an excellent Indian restaurant in Tamwoth called The Miah where you can scoff afterwards.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bev bish, Always says everything twice!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ouch. That's me in trouble when I get home. Hope you Madeye-Smiley have as little work to do as I do, dear, but I know that is unlikely.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy