Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isère & Tignes are turning white

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
PG, your 'Looking back up the Lanches' pic is stunning.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm just kicking myself for not going today - I was that close. Keep thinking of that exclusive snowHeads pic I could have got as I was being winched out of the stranded cable car!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only got 12 days booked to date. But if we hit our end-of-year targets I feel a trip to Canada coming on Smile 1 trip puts me on the snow for my birthday and Xmas.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowball, erhm yes. Athough it's something less like what you might imagine, and more like this:
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just looking at the long range forecasts ... looks like the Foehn is set to start blowing again in the next few days. Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think that it's time for the snow dance. It's very similar to the native american raindance, but performed in ski boots having consumed half a bottle of either Jaegermeister, or toffee vodka. All other clothing is optional!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There was a thaw at resort level in Tignes on Friday morning. When I went up the funicular there was a couple of inches of snow on the ground from Thursday night/Friday morning snbow fall. By the time I was back from the glacier at around 3pm most o fth fresh stuff had melted (or been rained away?). From what I've seen this week the majority of the Savoie resorts are largely green Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's always the same at this time of year, it snows a bit, then warms up a bit, then snows a bit more. It doesn't really get cold enough to establish a snow base until December (IMHO).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The usual opening time for Tignes (not just the galcier, but the whole resort) is November 27th. It needs to snow a fair bit before that can happen as there is virtually no snow at the moment except for a few piles of artificial stuff.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Perhaps Val should be getting concerned about the timing of the traditional WC opener, the Criterium, in the unpredictable early part of the winter race season? Cancelled for only the second time in its history last year, should that occur two years on the trot.... disastrous PR. Worse still, Hannah's been selected by the regional Savoie ski committee for an all expenses paid hotel weekend in Val to watch the WC downhill and GS, meet Bode Miller and the Herminator, so that would really compound the disaster!!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Do you get to accompany Hannah?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No such luck. But I'm working on getting a press pass!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That's a shame. Good luck with a Press pass - it would be nice if the organisers recognised online sites such as Snowheads as bona fide news outlets.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

let's hope the cablecar's back in action by then!

Actually, I'm more worried about the snow! Here's hoping the 2004 opening isn't one of the "once in a lifetimes" when there isn't enough white stuff....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thankfully mother nature seems to have come up trumps with fresh snow just in time for the Christmas week. Just wondering how many Snowheads will be in Tignes / Val d'Isere over new year and fancy meeting up.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy