Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Carré Neige

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i have ski holiday insurance, so does that mean i don't need the Carré Neige? Sorry for the silly question, but i've not skiied in france before.

Mac
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The_Mac_Daddy, you might find this article from natives.co.uk very useful on that front. The insurance is called 'Carte Neige'.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think U is a big fan of this, if you do a search you'll find lots of info about it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The_Mac_Daddy wrote:
i have ski holiday insurance, so does that mean i don't need the Carré Neige? Sorry for the silly question, but i've not skiied in france before.

Mac
Yes, you don't need it. I am assuming that if you want to ski off piste you have got insurance which covers it. Many of them don't or make conditions that might trip you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As Dan says, we've had a recent thread on ski insurance with lots of advice. Here you go.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is a difference between 'Carte Neige' and 'Carré Neige'.

I usually buy 'Carte Neige' which is an annual, worlwide mountian rescue cover.
'Carré Neige' is what is sold in France as the optional add-on insurance when u buy your lift pass.

Although they sound similar, I think they are provided by 2 different companies. But the most important aspects of cover are about the same I believe.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Okay, thanks guys, i'll stick with my travel insurance (they've been great in the past) and a trusty old E111. And yes, it was the 'Carré Neige' i was referring to, not the 'Carte Neige'.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The_Mac_Daddy, don't know if you have seen mentioned in other threads, but you will need a new type E111. The old one will only be valid until 31st December this year.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yep saw that thanks. It's on my list of things to do before i go, along with visiting a dry slope so i can get my ski legs back on. I honestly cannot remember how to ski Shocked hopefully it'll all come back to me as i'm flying down the slope Puzzled shame i don't have a snow dome near me really.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Goldsmith wrote:
The_Mac_Daddy, you might find this article from natives.co.uk very useful on that front. The insurance is called 'Carte Neige'.

There is some misinformation in Native's article but this stuck out:

> This is where your Carte Neige comes in again – it will cover anything the NHS doesn’t

You really need to read the details of any insurance over closely. Carre Neige and Carte Neige are good but the medical costs are to 3,000 €. I broke a wrist a few years back and costs were around 20,000 €, around 75% covered by the E111 - that left a hole of 2,000 € between my Carte Neige and the total costs.

Worldwide rescue costs limited to 15,000 €. With helicopter time at around 50 € in Europe you can soon burn through that figure if the accident is serious. TP Legal costs are also quite limited.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you look at the Carte Neige details, you're not covered if you're ski-ing professionally!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy