Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"lateral bullet" and "yard sale"

Poster: A snowHead
Apparently they are ski terms. What's your definition?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know, but 'yard sale' really ought to be converted to metric by now.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yard Sale - a total wipe out. Skis, gloves, hat, poles, sunglasses all off and scattered around the piste as laid out in a yard sale.

Lateral bullet - haven't heard of that one. How about shooting off the piste (sideways) out of control?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DG, NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh that would confuse the typical american "Yard Sale"......................."hey honey, look what i picked up from the 91.4cm sale down the road"
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Isn't a lateral bullet when travelling across the fall line, you catch the lateral edge of your down hill ski, and go straight over as if hit by a bullet from the side?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No, in the US they still use miles, yards, feet and inches. Metric gets them confused, hence the metric/imperials mix-up that crashed that Mars (?) lander of theirs
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What was our excuse with Beagle?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They hired a yokel to do it and forgot to give him any money.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
laundryman, we didn't have a long enough piece of string to send the signals down due to budget constraints Mad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think Beagle was something to do with a mad scientist building a satellite in an old TV studio with out any budget. I remarkable achievement to get as far as they did but doomed due to funds I think.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kramer wrote:
Isn't a lateral bullet when travelling across the fall line, you catch the lateral edge of your down hill ski, and go straight over as if hit by a bullet from the side?

I imagine that's pretty hard to do on skis, but catching your downhill edge is oh so easy on a snowboard as my friend can testify to. He'd travel about 5 yards and then wallop....another 5 yards and wallop...yet another 5 yards and wallop. Shocked

You'd have to give him points for persevering! Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don't know what they mean, but I have undoubtedly experienced both of them if they relate to types of falls
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This site has an answer to them both. I've certainly done them both.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/special_events/newsid_2515000/2515879.stm
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's really impressive that the BBC have defined 'lateral bullet' (which is new to me), but they've glaringly omitted 'death cookies'.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowball, don't be complacent! The scientists who write the code for simulating nuclear reactors work in metric and the engineers who write the code for simulating the turbines which make the power station go work in imperial!
ski holidays
Well found Ray Zorro.
I've certainly done both but never heard the terms - I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one.
I picked the term up from a web advert that was trying to sell holidays and "educate" those new to the sport in the vocabulary we use. rolling eyes
snow conditions
I've never heard of the "lateral bullet" expression but the "yard sale" one is commonly used here in US. It is especially used from lift chairs moving "oh so slowly" over a tumbled skier/rider. *cough* not that it's ever happened to me!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy