Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter Park - lodging options?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I threw this query into another thread, but didn't get any response.

I have a trip to the US coming up in January, and am planning to take a few extra days to get in some skiing. My plan is to go via Denver and visit Winter Park.

Can anyone recommend somehere to stay? - Preferably handy for the slopes, and at a reasonable rate for a single skier (i.e. I don't want to pay for a room designated for 4 people).

I know one or two of you are WP fans (WTFH - didn't you have a season's pass at one time?)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WP was the first place I ever skied in the usa - sort of tickled my schoolboy funnybone, the thought of skiing on mary janes backside!!! Embarassed I Liked it so much I went back twice.

I was staying with friends in Denver and managed to drive to WP in under two hours so if nightlife isnt absolutely necesary and you have transport, some of the motels in the towns along I-70 could be worth a look.

If you do decide to stop off for some food, I highly recommend BeauJos in Idaho Springs. All they serve is Pizza and there's honey on the table for putting on your crust for dessert - quite an experience.

If you get the chance, night skiing at Arapahoe Basin is also a must. I've skied at night in Europe before, but it's rarely more than one run. At A-basin it's half the mountain..... awesome

Not to be outdone is Loveland Pass - the closest ski area to Denver (about an hour and right on I-70). Most people just drive under it through the Eisenhower tunnel, but in my experience it's quiet on weekdays unless there's spring break or something happening.

Hope you enjoy your trip - I'm very jealous - childcare fees have curtailed my skiing to cheapies to europe for several years now (thank goodness for easy jet!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy