Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Midnight sun -Riksgransen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Riksgransen inside the swedish artic circle in a desperate attempt to stretch the northern hemisphere season out as long as posssible. It says they open the lifts from 2200 to 0200 in June on Fridays to ski under the midnight sun....I can't wait - anyone else done it, any tips or advice
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds great - when you going?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cathy, I arrive there on 17 June staying through to 20th. Should give me two and a half days, or nights, skiing depending on how you look on it. Will also give me the slightly perverse satisfaction of having a full 6 month season having first skied in Obergurgl on 20th December. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Steve, I suspect your only mistake is not going a week later - Swedish midsummer's eve (which I think falls late, on June 25, this year) should be the really big party up there! Have fun! Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steve. It's a brilliant experience. The skiing's no bigger than a Scottish ski mountain, though more reliable for snow. You might want to expand the experience by playing with fat skis etc. to enjoy any off-piste, which should have nice spring snow that late in the season.

It must be at least 12 years ago that I went there (for a ski safety conference). That was in late May. Bear in mind that Narvik, the Norwegian port which is only a few miles from there, has a bigger ski mountain and longer lifts and would be well worth skiing, though it can suffer lack of snow.

I recall doing a hike from one of the local mountains down to a staggeringly beautiful Norwegian fjord where we were collected by boat. If they offer a guided experience like this, go for it.

If Sven Hornell, the photographer, is still running his Lappland audio-visual theatre in Riksgransen, make sure you see the show. His photos are stunningly beautiful.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh Alice, I thought I'd timed it to co-incide. One source told me the weekend closest to the 21st and another the third weekend in June...oh well. My wife was somewhat surprised when the business trip to Sweden, which she imagined being a city break to Stockholm for her, has turned into another ski holiday. I haven't told her about the midges yet!!

Thanks David, the rough guide says that the Sven Hornell theatre is still there, it's not clear whether Sven is though.... I'll try to take in Narvik at the same time. I understand that the Swedish-Norwegian border crosses the piste in Riksgransen, so I should get to ski in Norway even If I don't make it to Narvik.

I'm not going to bother lugging my skis for such a short trip so I'll hire some fat boys. I'm hoping to get a good trial run on some this weekend in La Grave.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy