Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accomodation in Cervinia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
All,

Any advice on accomodation in Cervinia? Looking for a decent hotel not necessarily the most expensive but the best all round value for money??

Any thoughts?
Cheers
adam
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All i can say is, if possible avoid des guides hotel, we stayed there and the mrs was not happy at all. The rooms are very small, dark (no real windows) and the staff are generally pretty miserable. I didn't mind it too much to be honest but if where your staying matters to you then it's probably best avoided.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Adam Holt, if you want to avoid the "infamous" steps up to the cable car station, you need to either stay above it (or there's two hotels right next door), or far enough away (or in the 4*s) so that you get minibus shuttles to the door.

There are some (apparently) decent apartments high enough to be ski-in, ski-out. I think there's a hotel there, too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
To add to this, does annyone know of a cheap hotel or even youth hostel in Cervinia as I am going there for 3 days and am getting nowhere trying to get a hotel for a short break, they all want a week stay!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris, have you looked at staying in Valtournanche, on the lift system? Only a thought, and I don't know the village.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Angus, last minute or nearer the date you shouldn''t have a problem, and they'll be biting youir arm off for the business....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That seems to be the way I'll have to do it. Have a fall-back position if necessary at the Holiday Inn in Aosta. 50kms out. An hour drive in the morning but if all else fails I can endure that for 3 days skiing!!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If your staying in Aosta you can get the cable car directly up to Pila. Good days skiing from there with about 90km's of marked piste. The cable car goes from the town and takes about 15 minutes

I had a weeks holiday there in 2001
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From Aosta, if you stay there, you've got a whole raft of resorts within easy drive (so get a Val d'Aosta lift pass), including Pila (so easy it's no drive at all, as nsis says) - a place I've spent one day skiing, but would love to return to.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are plenty of really nice hotels in Cervinia but personally I would urge you to AVOID the Hotel Brueil. I stayed there three years ago and whilst the location was convenient enough we had a very bad experience involving our bar bill, every time we bought a drink the (drugged up?!?!?!) barman forgot to write down our drinks on the room tab, after three days we asked for the bar bill, fearing the worst,after another three days of asking very politely the bill arrived. Three days, four people £560 - now I like a drink like the next snowhead but this was simply unbelievable, no itemised bill was available and we left on bad terms, many others also having cross words in reception at checkout time. If the owners have changed and things have improved I'll apologise but I doubt it. The hotel went as far as sueing me in the court of the Val d'aosta but I succesfully defended the action. As Skanky said try and avoid the extremely tedious steps up to the cable car and book one of the hotels (sorry no names available but call the tourist office) higher up. You will have a good time and there is nearly always plenty of snow, bit windy sometimes though. Valtournanche is very nice too,pretty etc
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Adam Holt, I can recommend two:

The Hotel Astoria. Its next to the cable car station so you avoid walk up the steps in the morning. the downside of course is that if you go out in the evening you still have a walk up the steps.

Hotel Juneaux. Its at the other end of town but still within a minute of the chair lifts. From these you can still get up the mountain so there's no disadvantage.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I echo Frostys comments about the Breuill I have a pretty high tolerance but my friends vow never to return unless the hotel gets their act together. It was also the venue for the worst hangover I have experienced on a ski holiday so never again as usual it was the night in a cocktail bar that did it for me. Pity there is not a green moticom thingy!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bedfordblue
Quote:

Pity there is not a green moticom thingy!

What, like this ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy