Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How long........

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How long does it take to prepare the pistes from the start of the first snow fall ? Am getting bothered - going to Obergurgl on 16/12 and it doesn't seem to have snowed yet.
Do you think it's too early to get the suitcase out ? Getting excited.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
God no. It's never to early to get the suitcase out. Since October I've been packing and unpacking my planks, just for fun mind you. Mr M is having words to the men in white coats, but I find the packing very soothing and also enjoy stomping up & down the hall in my boots after a hard day at the office. Besides which it also annoys the downstairs neighbours (always a good thing), which is itself good practice for chalet life.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cancel the holiday. Sell the suitcase.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm not going until Jan and I took my planks up to the the shop the other day for a wax and edge ( not that they need it ! ) Of course, given that the ski's were out, this warranted a full dress rehearsal ( under the proviso of checking all my gear ). 78 days to go......

PS Don't worry about the snow yet. Obergurgl will get some, and boy do they look after it well there.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't worry. The later the snow comes the better and the more chance of it staying around. Austria's weather comes down from Russia and being continental is pretty reliable.

Obergurgl has plenty of altitude and it will stay around.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chill,plenty of time but im in the same boat and its on my mind 24/7...but chill .. Confused
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Manda wrote:
God no. It's never to early to get the suitcase out. Since October I've been packing and unpacking my planks, just for fun mind you. Mr M is having words to the men in white coats, but I find the packing very soothing and also enjoy stomping up & down the hall in my boots after a hard day at the office. Besides which it also annoys the downstairs neighbours (always a good thing), which is itself good practice for chalet life.

That's embarrasing, I'm going tomorrow and I've not packed yet. I did put petrol in the car, and have the winter tyres fitted though.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ise, does being closer to the mountains dampen the feverish excitement that comes from only having a week or two skiing a season? Not in terms of passion for skiing but in terms of preparing for your trip weeks in advance.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timberwolf, well, not really, it's just different. PG was up blading at Arcs as he reported; we were out the other weekend hiking round one of the local stations I’d never been too and looking at neighbouring Alpes. If anything, driving to and from the office and supermarket and seeing snow accumulating is a particularly exquisite form of mental torture Very Happy

Preparation for me has been underway for sometime. I was in Berne last night picking up some new boots; so far it’s been an 8 hour or so job getting them fitted. Unusually for me I’ve been on something of a kit fest recently, I also got some new skis, new jacket, new prescription sunglasses, a helmet and I’ve had a week in Saas Fee back in September.

The closest to jaded I get personally, is toward the end of the season where the idea of staying in bed in the morning at weekends and then lounging around starts to look attractive instead of getting up at 7:30 and going skiing,

In terms of packing, the ski gear’s always to hand in a day sack, so it’s just a case of packing a change or two of clothing if we’re going away. If we go to our weekend place it’s just like being at home, we’ve got a load of stuff there so it’s just a case of chucking the skis in the car and going.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ise, Interesting comments, especially about watching the snow accumulate, at least I'm 900 miles away only watching on Webcams ! I'm afraid I can't relate to the jaded feeling you describe, I've promised myself that one year I'll get to do a season and then maybe I'll understand !!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ise, I'm off topic here, but what type of frames do you use for your prescription sunglasses? Getting prescription lenses fitted to standard frames is easy, but yer standard frames don't wrap around - which is real a problem for uber-light reflective sports like skiing/boarding.
Have you ever tried getting prescription lenses fitted to proper wraparound sports glasses (e.g. Oakleys)?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry, just saw the answer on another thread...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy