Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing from a cog railway...in the USA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Railways are scarce enough in the USA, but cog railways must be very rare - in fact, this is the first I've heard of an American ski area serviced by one. It's the Mount Washington Cog Railway in New Hampshire, which will be open for business this winter, servicing mainly intermediate terrain.

This report from Snow Journal.
And here's the website (and some great photos) for Mount Washington Cog Railway.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A quarter of a ton of coal to get 70 people up 300m? Not exactly environmentally friendly, I would have thought. I wonder how this compares to a conventional chairlift.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
...or the energy consumption of a Swiss cog railway? It's an interesting question.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
See This previous thread
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy