Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The first proper ski trip ??

Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Sauze in four and a half weeks. Can anyone beat that for proper skiing ? Glaciers don't count !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did some snowblading at Les Arcs a couple of weeks back - how about that?!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tignes in 7 weeks. Would've been a week earlier but things interviened.

PG, That's not fair!!!!! Crying or Very sad
NickW, perhaps by "anyone" you should add a degree of difficulty by saying "anyone who has to travel through a time zone to get to the snow".
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
California , next week Wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Manda, I'll raise you! Tignes in 4 and a half weeks Very Happy

But NickW said glaciers didn't count (although I'm really hoping to ski Val too!)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Why don't glaciers count? Tignes in 4 days...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maggi, well done. Espace Killy promises to be open 27 Nov so I'll second any tantrums if there's not enough snow to get you into Val D! Will be interesting to know how conditions are.

NickW, Does plastic count? It's proper dendex....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Manda, This time last year you could ski down to the resort with ease. If only it had been a bit colder, all the water that has been falling in sheets below 3000m in the Tarentaise this past week would have given us about as much snow as they've got on the other side of the Pond! rob@rar.org.uk, ise, at least the glacier should be in good nick next week (so long as it doesn't rain again). The club has had to cancel the last two days' training because of the conditions at altitude....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NickW, that's an early trip to Sauze!

We went out last year 5th - 12th december to Sauze. Hadn't snowed for a week or so but had remained cold so nice and soft due to no one using the place. The place was quite empty as well because the main operators don't start for a week or 2 later. Conditions on the web cam aren't looking that good at the moment, everything has fallen as rain Crying or Very sad , this time last year there was quite a bit of snow already. Hope conditions change for you! snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
PG, I'm glad to hear it, with more snow forecast this week apparently. Hope it stops soon though, I'd much rather ski on a hard piste than one covered in soft snow.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hhmmm, i am skiing at Bracknell dry slope this evening (well, it isn't a glacier!) Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PG, fancy going out on Sat if it's nice ? I'm pretty busy for the week but we could grab a beer with Rob sometime as well.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ise, sounds good ... the operative phrase being "if it's nice"!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll be the guy looking cool in my new Kjuss jacket............
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Glaciers on their own don't count because it's my thread and I make the rules up.

Plastic certainly doesn't count as it has to be a proper ski trip to a full area i.e. not just a glacier.

You also have to have traveled a reasonable distant (thks Manda). Arbitary ruling on this by yours truly so PG discounted. stanton, where are you travelling from ??

Others arbitary rules include you have to have a vin chaud or equivalent and you have to play table football at some point.

Dan, I was there same time last year and thought it was excellent, apart from those 2 crappy 2 seater chairs.
snow report
NickW, got my fingers crossed for you!

yeah the lifts are a bit of a pain but a great wide open playing field to go play in i think i'll put up with them!
latest report
NickW,
Quote:

you have to have a vin chaud or equivalent and you have to play table football

What's an equivalent (I might have to tell the barman how to make one)? And can I play aerojet ice hockey instead because I am a "gurl" and that makes me (according to most men) unable to understand the rules of football Shocked
snow report
NickW, fair enough boss, your rules it is (although I suspect I'll do more 'proper' skiing next week on the glacier than I will in the rets of the season combined).
ski holidays
Val Thorens in 4 weeks...
snow conditions
maggi:/general rule clarification

1. Gluewein (?) or vin brule are acceptable equivalents i.e. hot red wine with spices.

Anything originating in North America is going to be highly unlikely to qualify and subject to strict clarification, thus improving my chances of leading the field.

2. I'm afraid it's got to be proper table football. Not knowing the rules is no excuse. Anyway there's only one rule really: no putting the ball in crooked. Oh, and losers buy the drinks.

Also: Having lots of pints perched in precarious positions gains extra credits. Beating the usual local sharks confers god-like status and bares repeated re-telling, often lasting years.
ski holidays
maggi, Alastair,

ooh, competition. I'll be on the slopes on 2nd Dec. You ??
latest report
NickW, Driving down 1st Dec, so on the slopes 2nd Dec as well - if there's any snow!
snow report
NickW,

Grrr, I give up then, you win. That really is sneaky - going on 2nd - that's a Thursday! Won't be there until the weekend. But at least I won't have to buy drinks after losing at table football rolling eyes
snow conditions
And the winners are:

2 Dec: NickW (Sauze), Alastair (Val T)
4 Dec: maggi (Tignes)
18 Dec: manda (Tignes)

Honourable mention for stanton.
Dishonourable mention for PG and his blading ploy.

I'd actually rather be going to ValT, Tignes etc. just got a mate in Turin with an appt. in Sauze and there's a group of go for an early season jaunt with DanDare out of Stansted for about 50p each.
snow report
Woohoo
First time I've come in the top three in anything ski related!
snow conditions
Just spoke to someone going to Courchevel the same day that I'm off to Tignes, but his flight departs 2 hours earlier than mine. Does that bump me down the list?

But would he lose points for lack of snow.....
latest report
Cervinia - 12th December - early flight so we'll be skiing in the afternoon. Does that mean i get 3rd place? woo-hoo!

AW
latest report
NickW wrote:
Dishonourable mention for PG and his blading ploy.

That's ok, I'm consoling myself with a special French cocktail as I write. A "Screaming Lizard" (2 parts green Chartreuse, 1 part Tequila, ice). I can still write as I've opnly had a couple of sips so far.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
12 Dec: AlpineWalker (Cervinia)
18 Dec: manda (Tignes)

Manda, no doesn't count as not msged on this thread.
PG, double plus credibility points !!
latest report
NickW, i think Manda is the 12th December as well.
latest report
NickW, phew.
Dan, Yep. I miscounted a week. There in 5! 3rd equal with Alpinewalker.
ski holidays
I will be in resort on the 29th but does it count if you are going for the whole season Laughing snowHead
snow report
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
Linds, unfortunately that doesn't count as a trip, especially as it's a couple of days before I get there. Plenty of cool points though.

\(^_^)/

[/b], Joint 1st:[/b],
[/b], 3rd:[/b],
[/b], Joint 4th:[/b],
12 Dec: AlpineWalker (Cervinia), manda (Tignes)
snow report
Bummer, the bold thing didn't work.
snow conditions
you need
Code:
[b]bold[/b]
- you are putting a slash in the opening tag.
ski holidays
NickW, if going for the whole season doesn't count then you should take me off the list.....
ski holidays
Aha,

ladies and gentlemen, we have an undisputed winner. ME !!!

Now I just need one of those non-std snazzy smiley jobs
latest report
you can add me to the 12th Dec now............. Very Happy Wink
snow report
NickW, loads of smileys on http://www.websmileys.com/
and this site doesn't take over your PC. You just paste the URL of the one you want.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy