Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHeads Snow Reports.

Poster: A snowHead
At admin's request I've decided to post a regular snow report, based on the media, and snow reports that you send me from recent trips. Very Happy

Please can you put the resort name and date of your last day on the snow in the title Tignes 5/11/07

And then if you could put a brief (one or two lines) summary of the latest conditions and a link to any appropriate thread in the message body, that would be very helpful eg-

This week in Tignes the ice was snowy, but remained in good nick for slalom training http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=31142

For those of you who are avid webcam watchers (most of U!), but not actually on the snow it would be useful if you could PM me a 'dump alert' when it starts to snow, also with resort name and date in the title, and a link to the webcam in the message body. Very Happy

Please keep it concise and we'll try and incorporate your experiences to give a more personal picture of the season for the other snowHeads, and hopefully start a few enthusiastic discusssions. wink It's a bit experimental at the moment, so there may well be a few teething problems, but hopefully we'll get it sorted by the time the season gets into full swing. Very Happy

Many thanks in advance for your help, and feel free to add any other suggestions. Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
weatherHead, I've noticed that this thread is moving rapidly down the screen soon to vanish into the mist. Perhaps it should be made sticky to keep it relevant and near the top so everyone can continue to see it.

just an idea wink

HJ
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
StAnton 7/12/07
Very good conditions in the Arlberg. Have just had 4 quality days with Mountain Tracks and Piste to Powder mountain guides skiing over the head powder. Warmer wet weather is currently prevailing and although the powder will be off the moist conditions will help consolidate and firm up the snowbase which is ideal for early season to reduce the avalanche risk later. Thoroughly recommend a pre-xmas visit to take advantage of exceptional conditions, cheapish flights and best of all no crowds! Cheers Helinick
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey. spent sunny Nov. 8 floating through knee deep pow in Cervinia, Italy (Backside of Zermatt). I love riding at places where no one steps off piste and leaves it for greedy junkies like my friends and I. matterhorn as a backdrop....sunshining...cheap panini...lift tix only 35 euro (with insurance). The area receives alot of sunshine so avalanche risk exists, and we saw two slides throughout the day and a couple more from atop the matterhorn. Overall, the coverage was fantastic...didn't tear up my base at all, as a matter of fact, didnt hit one rock. I'd definitely let it snow again before anyone decides to go there though....I think we took every line available off-piste and there was one area not opened that was very enticing..
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wengen/Maennlichen November 24. http://www.swisspanorama.com/html/maennlichencam1.html

http://www.wengen.com/cam.html
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
OK, here`s my 10cent worth, I live in Lappland (North Sweden on the Norwegian border) We have several small ski areas, Tarnaby, Hemavan, Ketilfjell, Ammarnas....and thousands of acres of freeski areas. Right now we seen to have continuous snow fall..(I know, I race sleddogs and seem to spend countless snowmobile hours, days breaking trail though deep powder) Even in bounds of the ski areas there are loads of untracked lines of powder. Lappland is awesome. came here from home in Alaska, and many years of skiing Colorado, Montana & Utah backcountry. Spent a couple of years toiling around the Alps. It sucked, crowds, poor snow blah blah....Scandinavia is where it is at in Europe!! and right now its snowing like hell!!! Come on over!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rjukan (Gaustablikk), Norway 9/03/09
Bjorli, Norway 11/03/09

The whole of Norway continues to experience a cold spell. Rjukan has considerable snow fall and a great base but the visibility was hindered towards the end of last week due to blizzard conditions. Saturday was a spectacular day with fresh snow conditions on well prepared pistes. Rjukan continued to receive snow all through day on 9/03.

Bjorli in contrast, further north was experiencing similar conditions early last week but the wind and fog gave way to glorius sunshine and fantastic off-piste conditions. Blue skies were apparent on 11/03 with the weather set to continue for a couple of days.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Came home from the Arabba on 8/03. It snowed for most of the week, the only blue sky day being Saturday. Therefor, masses of snow with the pistes in really good condition. We don't go off piste so can't comment on that, but anyone about to go to Arabba is in for a treat!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Les Arcs 20/1/10
Weather has been glorious for the last couple of days. The sun's been shining and clear skies but it's stayed cold so the snow has generally remained in good condition. Some of the pistes are a bit hard packed and scraped. Today there were icy patches showing through, however, it snowed this afternoon and kept snowing through to around eight or nine pm so this should freshen things up nicely :SH: ! Just a shame I won't be able to partake as today was my last day on the planks. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Glenshee,
Great skiing Monday 15th February.
Total snow cover and some powder, crunchy untouched piste which we were first to ski through.
Very good day. Glas Maol good and the area behind Sunnyside very good snow. Butcharts good too.
The Sunnyside main slope had had so much traffic it was a bit sugary at the bottom.
One you get a couple of tows away from the main bit though you get the slopes almost to yourself.
I cant upload my photos as my virus checker complains that the snowMedia site is not https secure so if you would like some nice photos from there including of the excellent igloos built by the ski tow guys then please email me !
If you are going then the car parks didnt fill the day we went although we have seen this happen before and I would say as long as you are there by 9.30 at weekends you should be fine.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's dumping again. As I write from Alpe d'Huez it's -7ºC and falling, with a heavy snowstorm predicted for tonight.

I wasn't expecting to be in Alpe d'Huez this afternoon, especially as it's the first day of the season in Les 2 Alpes. But when the weather's closing in and you have two steep, bendy roads to navigate it's always worth getting home as soon as you can.

The first day's riding in Les 2 Alpes was awesome, if short lived. High winds meant the lifts were only open to 2600m, the mid-station of the Jandri Express. The queues were huge this morning so we took the Village chairlift to Les Cretes, and the Cretes chair from there. We couldn't get any higher without riding into resort as none of the linking lifts were open, again due to the wind. But we had lots of fun anyway...

Read more: http://www.destinationoisans.com/2010/11/first-day-of-the-201011-season-les-2-alpes/
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
17000 snowcams in the alps
http://sionvalais.com
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
HI ALL, I ma going to Ellmau the very first week of March 2011, and I would like to know, based in your experince if there is still snow at that time of the year? What do you suggest?
Thanks
Eduardo
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hi we are going to gressoney (stafal) 31st january. anyone know what snow conditions in the area are currently ? Cool
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Welcome to snowHeads edulopeztitiz and ladesign!
You'll have more luck with answers to your questions if you post the in the relevant threads.
snow conditions
Skied in Meiringen and Davos, Switzerland this last week and Malbun, Liechenstein. The last snow was almost two weeks ago and there has been unbroken sunshine in the mountains, but the morning and early afternoon skiing on pisted runs has been fabulous. The lack of snowfall has been compensated for by the low temperatures, so where the snow is thin the cannons have generally made sure there are few bare patches. Runs have generally been quite icey by the end of the day and off-piste has got less and less pleasant. New snow would be good but in the meantime there's still lots of great skiing to be had..
snow report
Bavaria hasn't seen any new snow for a little while, the sun is shining and the temperature is warm during the day then freezing at night making pistes very icy with grassy patches beginning to appear. We keep hearing rumours of imminent snowfall and today is quite cloudy but it had better be soon or pistes will start to disappear.
ski holidays
Got a few days skiing in this week (w/e 6th March) around Switzerland - Brienzer Rothorn, Sörenburg, Mürren, Rougemont, Chateau D'Oex. Same picture everywhere - lots of sunshine but crisp, cold nights mean the season is still limping along. Generally off-piste is pretty horrible, but there is some decent snow above about 2000m. North-facing pistes are good down to about 1000m but getting heavy lower down in the afternoons and bare patches are appearing everywhere. South-facing slopes are getting very hard hit and Rellerli (1231-1833m) at Schönried is now closed for the season while the link chairlift from Les Granges to Chateau D'Oex is also closed.
latest report
Skied the Jungfrau the last few days. Typical spring skiing conditions. The slopes above Wengen and round Kleine Scheidegg and Mannlichen are generally still good, and they have even managed to keep the runs down to Grund open, although they are very slushy in the afternoon. The valley runs off First are all closed and have no snow, although the skiing above Bort is still good and Bodmi's short run is still open.
snow conditions
Just got back and after a week of soft snow low down and hard pack at altitude had a fall on Thursday evening which gave a really great day of powder on the 18th. Mont Blanc blue run down to the Vanoise holding up well but slush/water at the bottom of the Lac Noir gondola back. Warm all week but snow softening quite quickly in morning giving good skiing before it gets too wet. Lots of stones/rocks around - my poor skis!
snow report
Vaud, Switzerland, this weekend - there's still skiing on Leysin, but very spring-like conditions. Icy mornings, patchy runs and mushy afternoons. Different story up on Glacier 3000 on Sunday (20/3/2011) - new, powder snow up on the glacier and runs in reasonable nick down to Oldenalp. No valley runs officially open, but off-piste tracks open down to Col du Pillon. Avalanche risk high, and some runs didn't open until mid-morning to allow the operators to set off a few blasts.
snow conditions
Voss, Western Norway 03/APRIL/11. The official website gives the snow depth as 1.7m at the bottom and I'm sitting looking at it now, Its halfway up the Skischool window! At the top of the hill they have had to dig out the snow to allow some light into the windows Shocked . Its been raining quite hard overnight but that has compacted the snow even better and I'm looking forward to my run. The snow has been powder until I arrived of course! It's now firm base with soft areas, off piste is very slow but deep.
snow report
Just to let you all know that i came back from visiting family in Biella in the pre-alps in Italy, and it was snowing higher up in Aosta..... in the city! Bring it on.
ski holidays
Hi, Just back from a week in Tignes. The snow on the glacier is great, with all runs open expect the Lesse chair. The Lanches chair is not running, but the run below it is now open from the bottom of the Vanose chair, so you can at least ski back to Val Claret, rather than having to wait for the train down. It has been cold and the snow has stayed in good condition. A lot of racers using the area, so some of the runs are rather full of slalom and GS gates, but they are mostly finished by 12.30 and the area is then empty.
Snow line is not yet to Val Claret, although the resort is now blowing snow onto Piste H, and we noticed that the Solaise in Val also had blown snow on it.
It is cold and the ice spreading on the lake every day, which is a good sign, fingers crossed for new snow to a low level.
ski holidays
JRskier, welcome to snowHeads!
latest report
5th Dec 2011. Monday.Tignes. 2 foot of snow in Le Lac. Wind high up. Glacier closed. Lots of Spanish. Limited skiing. Double M and Bolin skiable, but crowded. Still light snowfall at 1pm.
snow report
Whistler 14/12/2011
there's been very little snow for quite some time and it's been getting pretty gravelly and icy in places. They've been making a lot of snow and the best runs at the end of the day are down past the cannons. We got here on the 9th and have seen sunshine nearly every day until today.
Thankfully it's been snowing steadily, not particularly heavily, since early this morning. we took the day off today so shall report on what the conditions are like up top tomorrow snowHead
ski holidays
Any longer term forecasts for Val d'isere? Razz
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tignes. 23/12/2011. The best day of the season so far. Good snow and visability. The recent snowfall came with a great deal of wind and therefore there are some bare patches higher up. Most of the off piste is windblown and does not offer much pleasure. However with local knowledge some light snow can be found. The avalanche risk is still high. Beware, do not be fooled by the sunny conditions. The present higher temps will help with consolidation so next week could be more enjoyable.
snow report
Tignes. 24/12/2011. 9am Snowing with high winds.
ski holidays
Tignes. Friday 30th Dec. 07.49. Snowing since 4am. 1 foot so far with wind. Forcast to snow all today(Fri) and Sat.
latest report
Médran Café Verbier
Le domaine skiable est fermé aujourd'hui à cause de forts vents, mais le Médran café reste ouvert pour vous accueillir et vous réchauffer !

The ski area is closed today due to strong winds, but the coffee Medran remains open for you welcome and warm!
snow conditions
Tignes. Friday 6th Jan 2012. 14.37. High winds. Lots of blown snow. Local school closed due to bad weather. Very little open. Avalanche 5/5. Very high avalanche risk. Road may be closed. Sat transfers could be entertaining. Might be fine in the am.
ski holidays
4 Vallees, Switzerland. 3rd March 2012.

Gloriously sunny these last few days with temperatures up above 20C in the valley stations, so not surprisingly snow conditions on lower runs slushy by lunchtime and bare patches on south facing slopes. Occasional evidence of avalanches to be seen and most of the accessible off-piste tracked out or heavy.

Higher runs generally pretty good, but the black runs off Greppon Blanc have unexpected hidden bare patches over rock. The runs that link Nendaz to rest of the Valleys, via Tracouet are turning to mud in places with huge expanses of bare ground from quite early in the day - take the bus to Siviez from Nendaz if you want to get beyond Plan-du-Fou.
ski holidays
Skied Gstaad yesterday. Great conditions. The Rinderberg gondola opens at 8.30 and for about two hours you almost have the slopes to yourself. Despite the warm weather recently, all the runs were open. Well, the valley run to St Stephan said it was closed and was just about skiable and the valley run of Eggli to Gstaad said it was open but was horrible. Those two runs apart, all the valley runs were in good nick. The Saanen runs off Eggli were particularly good. A couple of blacks were patchy, but all those sumptous blues and reds were perfect. Even Rellerli was open, and it tends to be the first area to call it a day.

Off-piste is horrible, although a friend higher up touring near Schwyz found some untracked off-piste with near-powder conditions.

This season is by no means over!
snow conditions
Villars + gryon all runs open as it has snowed here for past 3 days and now deep deep powder
latest report
Lenk/adelboden, (Berner Oberland, Switzerland.) 14/12.
Snow is very thin on the ground in the Berner Oberland but thanks to the cold temperatures the pistes were in petty good shape. There a mix of real and man made snow, icy on some of the steeper sections but it was a good day for charging the piste. Off piste is a disaster zone. What little snow there is, is crusty, wind blown nastiness.
ski holidays
20/12/2013 - Les Diablerets/Villars/Leysin/etc

Pretty dire at the mo

Worste start to season for 10+yrs here in the Valais area, imho

1 run open in Les Diablerets, 1 in Villars, 1 proper run + 2 transport runs in Leysin, 0 in Les Mosses

Gstaad areas of Saanen and Saanenmoser are claiming more open, but not been to investigate

The folks who runs the lifts in Gstaad have a fairly liberal idea of how snow/ice coverage is needed to ski on

Been snowing all day, but nowhere near enough or cold enough to overcome the melting

Crying or Very sad
latest report
It's snowing in Livigno and has been all day. Not cold though, +4 degrees c, so the snow's quite heavy. Won second place in the slalom, dead chuffed, only two in the 40 to 102 year category, hay ho, I blame the gammy knee, hope it's better for the BBWUW and the BB. Physio on Monday, hope the find out what's wrong.
Sad
snowHead
snow report
It's now been snowing in Livigno for 48 hours, 150 cm of fresh snow. If you're coming for the New Year you're in for an epic week. Unfortunately we go home on Saturday. snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy