Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier 2007-2008

Poster: A snowHead
dan100,
As stated above we have had lots of success with Buisonniere with our children, they are based in Villeneuve though a bit of a hike from Le Bez. My own recommendation for adult privates from them is a guy called Phillipe. Excellent instructor, nice guy and speaks decent English (His wife is English).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
T Bar wrote:
dan100,
As stated above we have had lots of success with Buisonniere with our children, they are based in Villeneuve though a bit of a hike from Le Bez. My own recommendation for adult privates from them is a guy called Phillipe. Excellent instructor, nice guy and speaks decent English (His wife is English).

Not for me but for the others where do the ESF meet? We're based pretty much at the foot of the pistes in le bez? Thanks
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dan100, ESF meet closer to le Bez, we have used them once in the past and the lessons were good and the instructors pleasant but they tend to have very large classes and use more crowded nursery slopes and tows. Personally I would take the extra walk or ski across to Aravet to do Buisonniere.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
dan100,
No problem, if we get over to SC..maybe a beer or something.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JT wrote:
dan100,
No problem, if we get over to SC..maybe a beer or something.
Great
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
dan100,

Le s Bez is a good position IMV..not that I have great knowledge of the place, but we always used that lift up into the main sys'

The Pontillas and Frejus lifts..on your doorstep, get you right into the heart of things, just beware of the 4 o'clock run...it is a bit fraught, IMV.

I am pretty sure we will be over that way some time or other.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyone coming to Serre Che during christmas or february keep your eyes open for me as i will be working for the damain skiable selling ski passes! Not sure which station i'll be at yet, hoping chantemerle but will let you know!

So no more problems with non english speakers at the ticket offices!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
copied from snowreports.

inportant information regarding ski passes

having just spent a day in french hell i have some important info for anyone come.

this year things are changing a bit.
we no longer have the grande serre che area, it is now knows as Serre Chevalier.
The ski pass for just monetier and briancon are changing too.
With Briancon, you can NO LONGER use the Aguillette and prorel lifts, so if you get to the prorel and drop down the chantemerle side of things your are stuck with getting the navet back to briancon.
With monetier, you are good to go as far as la cucamel, but dont drop down the cucamel run or you'll be catching the navet bus home!
Yes they are much smaller than usual and yes as expected the price has gone up a little bit!
But all the emphasis is to push the serre chevalier pass.

Remember we have a new lift from serre ratier, next to les oeufs (the bubble) going up to just under the grande serre. Great lift to minimize the lift queues from serre ratier.

ummmm i sound like someone who works for the mountain......

oh hang on a minute............

I do work for the mountain

and infact are the first non french person to work for the mountain

will let you know what station i'm working at when i know so you can be sure to be spoken to in english when buying your ski passes. there is a strong chance it will be monetier as they dont have any english speakers there but to be totally honest with you i wanna work in chantemerle, localy
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowangel.,

We would probably get to Villeneuve/Pontillas but if we went to Monetier, is the the natural divider for the lifts the Cucumelle ridge? We could go up to the ridge but would have to ski back down again, instead of going up and over?
If we went down Cucumelle and had to get the Barres lift, that wouldn't be allowed. That would seem the natural cut-off as far I can see.

How much for the area pass then and do you do a freindly discount..? wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
JT, an area day pass is €38 euros. The Monetier and Briancon pass prices are not even on the website. I thought they had been discountinued all together, but as Snowangel. is working for the lift company, she probably knows better than I do. I don't think you could get the Balme lift back on a Monetier pass last year. I may be wrong, but the Cucumelle chairlift was always the cut-off point.

Link to prices

http://www.serre-chevalier.com/Winter-2007-08-prices

edit-thought I'd better answer as I think s/a is off to Morocco
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen B, No real change for us then. I think they should spilt the aear into two...but then if they want to push the area pass, then they aren't going to do anything too convenient.

I am sure we get over again this year anyway.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JT, just had another look on the site, here are the other pass prices for the individual sectors.

http://www.serre-chevalier.com/Small-ski-areas
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont, thanks am still here till 4pm!

prices are as follows.

briancon 1 day = 25e there is no 6 day pass. 3 hr pass is 20.50
chantemerle/villeneuve 1 day is 35, 6 days are 175 3 hr is 29.50
monetier 1 day 29.50 6 days 159 and 3hr 25.50.

serre chevalier 1 day is 38 6 days are 181.

I would have to advice anyone thinking about getting just the chantemerle/villeneuve pass to seriously think that for 1 euor more per day you have the libery to roam the whole area, start where you want and not get stuck anywhere. It seems plainly obvious to me! You also get the galaxie card only with the serre chevalier pass and the night skiing too (only in hoidays but again not on any other pass) The free navet, i believ, isn't free with a briancon pass.

hope that helps every one

see you in serre che!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowangel., sorry thought you had gone off to Morocco today!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I never saw the point in getting anything less than the full area pass for anyone except a complete beginner.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, i am in 4 hours! plane is at 8 from Turin. Am so excited but gutted to be leaving all this snow behind and all my mates are riding at monty at the mo Very Happy
Lizzard, me either! Even for beginners i'd recomend it, at least then they can go to the green runs in all the different areas, ok they would have to start from a different place, but variety is the spice of life if you ask me!
ski holidays
snowangel.,

1 eu or 3...?? not that it makes much difference with those figures. I forget what we paid last year.
snow conditions
181e for a 6 day pass for everywhere

ch/v is 175e for 6 day pass, so it equals 1e extra per day!
latest report
snowangel.,

only interested in the dailies.

thanks
snow conditions
Lizzard wrote:
I never saw the point in getting anything less than the full area pass for anyone except a complete beginner.
I agree entirely.
snow report
snowangel.,
Not much luck with organising lessons with Davina, bit disappointed, so now I'm back to square 1!

Recap - staying in Chantemerle - w/c 23rd Feb -
private (group) lessons for a group of 4 (all level 2/3) plus
group lesson for my daughter's friend - 2 weeks skiing.

Any suggestions anyone? Prefer something from Chantemerle if poss.

Thanks everyone
snow report
shockingmoment, when we have people staying who require lessons, we always recommend Darren Turner (Davinas brother) for Chantemerle and Eurekaski for Monetier. Pm with details on the way.
ski holidays
chris, Thanks for the info

I'll chase tomorrow
ski holidays
Great news. Davina (www.snow-connections.com) has come up with the goods. She's set up a new ski school so has been a bit busy....

Anyway, from what I gather, the lessons will be based in Villeneuve. We are staying in Chantemerle. I'm hoping Davina will be able to collect us from Chantemerle. If not.... how do we get there?

Lessons start at 09.30. Don't want to drive (parking, have to drive back, load car with skis / boots, etc etc pita).

Is there a bus between the two villages? Really don't want to drive.

Lastly - what's the ski run from Villeneuve back to Chantemerle like? We have a 2 week skier with us.

Thanks,
SM
latest report
shockingmoment,
There is a free bus between the villages (Can get crowded). The ski ing between the two is very easy if you take the right route. The skiing down to the bottom at Chantemerle is not that easy though and downloading may be necessary.
snow report
shockingmoment, definitely a chair or cable car down to Chantemerle for your beginner. The bus is every 15-20 minutes Timetable here. You will have to walk up to the main road to catch the bus along to Villeneuve.
latest report
Kust a restuarant reco for SC if anyone's interested. We ate twice in Le Tryptique in Chantemerle last year and loved it. Great Cocktails too!
ski holidays
We're going to claviere, montgenevre in Feb but plan on spending a day at Serre Che. Can anyone tell us thee single best place to go and ski in the serre che area? We won't have any beginners with us so any options are ok with us.

Cheers muchly Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
shoogly, im thinking of doing the same. we have friends who are staying in serre che, but we dont know where.

what is the best intermediate area? with trees?
ski holidays
Christopher, best for you to probably ski around the Villeneuve/Chantemerle area then. Lots of trees in Monetier though.
latest report
what about me? Looking for more testing stuff. I've been on the main Serre Che website but i can't see a piste map there.

Also, I notice on the serre che website that it's possible to give you a day of skiing in the milky way (montgenevre etc) included in the price of a 6 day ticket. Anyone know if there's a pass like this sold in montgenevre that would do up there for 6 days and allow us to ski serre che for the 7th day?

Very Happy
latest report
and where is pixieland?
snow report
shoogly, you could get a 7 day pass, which would include a day in Serre Che, but I am not sure which one you would have to buy in MOntgenevre. I assume you would need a full area (Via Lattea) pass. Piste Map
ski holidays
cheers for the info. the vialattea site is only in italian so i don't have a clue what it's saying about passes. nice site though!
latest report
http://www.vialattea.it/en/
snow report
T Bar, Helen,
Thanks for the info. Just need to get the address for where we're staying!

Looks like - bus over, lessons, easy ski back, lift down. Hopefully by the end of the week our novice may ski down....?

Quite looking forward to it....
snow report
shockingmoment, the green run back down crosses the black Luc Alphand piste several times, and the bottom bit of the run is on the black piste itself. As it gets crowded in the afternoons, I would say only if he/she is fearless. I don't like taking it back down to Chantemerle in the afternoon now, although it is fine earlier in the day.
snow report
shoogly, let me know when you are here. I'll show you some interesting (skiing) stuff. Cool
ski holidays
Christopher, Les Valons is a pleasant intermediate run down through the trees. It can get a bit chopped up late on, but it's a nice run. It starts at Serre Chevalier (2500m), down through a bowl before dropping through the trees into Serre Ratier at 1900m.
ski holidays
shockingmoment wrote:
Great news. Davina (www.snow-connections.com) has come up with the goods. She's set up a new ski school so has been a bit busy....

Anyway, from what I gather, the lessons will be based in Villeneuve. We are staying in Chantemerle. I'm hoping Davina will be able to collect us from Chantemerle. If not.... how do we get there?

Lessons start at 09.30. Don't want to drive (parking, have to drive back, load car with skis / boots, etc etc pita).

Is there a bus between the two villages? Really don't want to drive.

Lastly - what's the ski run from Villeneuve back to Chantemerle like? We have a 2 week skier with us.

Thanks,
SM

do you where the new ski school going to meet?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy