Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving to Club Med Serre Chevalier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

We are a family of 4 (2 kids aged 12 and 9). Am planning to drive down from London to the Club Med at Serre Chevalier during the Feb half term i.e. 16-23rd Feb2020. Planning on the Eurotunnel to cross the channel. My club Med bookings are from Sunday 16Feb to Sunday 23rd Feb. I would like to break journey by staying a night both on the to and return journey. Thus i would look to stay overnight on 15th night and on the return on Saturday 22Feb ( while booking is till 23Feb I plan to leave Saturday 22Feb to be able to break journey).

I would like any suggestions on possible places (cities and if possible accommodation) I could stay overnight without having to take too much of a detour from my driving route.

Regards

Prem
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've used the Hotel BB chain in various places on the way from Calais to Serre Chevalier

Dijon is about half way in terms of driving time (maybe slightly closer to alps than to calais), and there is one just off the main A31 toll

https://www.hotel-bb.com/fr/hotel/dijon-nord-zenith

Should be about €50-60 per room. In my experience, the breakfast is terrible though, so don't pay extra for it and find a bakery nearby or just stop at the next rest stop when you rejoin the road in the morning.

On way back we stayed in Reims several years in a row and really liked it, plenty of hotels and restaurants and not too far to Calais the next day.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Take the kids out of school for 1 day (Monday 24th), and get your full week's worth.

Can't be cheap going to Club med in half term.

Sorry, doesn't help answer your question, but it's the first thing that springs to mind.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How long do you want to drive on the Saturday? I guess you are a couple of hours from the tunnel so have a look on a map/route finder and pick a town at your driving time distance. There are lots of cheap motel style F1s or B&Bs on the way.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@prem jacob, We have driven to Montgenevre which is not far from Serre Chevalier if you are using the Frejus tunnel route. I would suggest staying in the Beaune or Dijon Sud Novotels on the way there and Reims Tinqueux Novotel on the way back. Alternatively you could stay in Beaune or Dijon both ways...allowing you to maximise your time at the Club Med buffet Toofy Grin .
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@prem jacob, @mikeycharlton, makes a good point, traffic that weekend will be horrendous, sorry but that's peak season and there's no real getting away from it, except if you leave late afternoon on Sunday 16:00hrs, you'll miss a lot of the traffic, and then drive for four or so hours and get to Tournus which has a number of superb hotels, we stay at The Terminus, then it's a five or so hour drive to Calais.

Likewise driving down Sat stay Tournus Sat night and then early start 06:00 leave Tournus and you'll be well ahead of the traffic and the Grenoble Vizille nightmare.

I've been driving down regularly for well over twenty years, and Club Med is just across the valley from us in Serre Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy