Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passo Tonale in Easter holidays?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I wondered if anyone has experience of Passo Tonale in April? In particular the snow conditions. It is for a group of 8 most of whom are first time kids. So not that worried about the advanced/intermediate skiing, just the nursery slopes. Thank you!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went with 2 beginner kids and my sister (also beginner) in Easter 2015. Dates were very similar to Easter holidays 2020 (ie last few days of March and start of April).

Snow conditions were excellent despite no fresh snow in our week there. I hate skiing slush and can't remember there being any. There were certainly no bare patches/grass/rocks etc.

Lots of Snowheads are quite derogatory about Passo Tonale, but it suited our needs perfectly. I enjoyed the slopes on the glacier and Ponte di Legno sides in the mornings whilst kids and my sister had private lessons.

The nursery slopes are a bit banal - all parallel with the same view, but there are decent blues to progress to and some of the reds are doable for beginners by the end of the week. Food, accommodation, ski hire and, especially, lessons are very affordable. And, in typical Italian style, the hot chocolates are fabulous.

The downsides are that the village is rather an eyesore, there is little variety of food (at least for us, as we weren't eating meat), very little to do off the slopes and the transfer is quite long. However, as a first ski trip for kids, especially in late season, I think it provides good value and I would recommend it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pretty much agree with the comments above.

My trip review from the third week in March 2018 is here if you're interested. (Some of the days were spent visiting neighboring ski areas, so ignore those parts).

We had great snow conditions - pretty much no slush and all runs open. But that was a good year for snowfall and we were lucky with low temperatures.

Personally I think there'll almost definitely be plenty of snow on the nursery slopes at Easter, but could well get pretty slushy in the afternoons. Probably one of the better Italian options for that time of year.

Almost all the slopes at Ponte di Legno-Tonale are either high or north facing, but only a few are both of the above.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 3-11-19 0:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Duplicate post deleted

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 3-11-19 0:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That’s so helpful, thank you!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy