Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why do we love it so much

Poster: A snowHead
I started skiing 4 years ago and instantly fell in love with it,

1.I adore the view of the mountains covered in snow
2. I love the thrill of skiing from the top of the mountain to the bottom
3. I love the feeling after an all day skiing session

I just cant get enough each year since I have to have at least 2 seperate weeks skiing. If I had to choose between a skiing holiday and summer holdiay I would rather ski. What would you prefer?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To paraphrase from the film "A Knights Tale" Dughhhh helloooo, thats why were called snowheads Laughing

It's still as fun for me and I started skiing over 30 years ago Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I haven;t been on a sumer holiday since I first went skiing. All mya mates goin on mountain biking holidays every summer, and I'd love to join them, but that would mean diverting money from a skiing holiday.

I currentky take a ski holiday twice a year. No chance I'm giving one up for a summer holiday. I suppose I could save up for a sumer holiday - but I could also save up for that third ski trip Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowbird - can I suggest this should be in the Apres Zone ! I suspect you probably have an ugly fat husband and you are glad to get away from him for a few hours while he lounges around and the nursey slopes.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't know, sounds highly relevant to The Piste to me!

I only started ski=ing a few years ago and got completely addicted on the first trip, I think the moving around "effortlessly" or at least not moving very much is certainly a benefit. Obviously anything that involves lots of snow has got to be fun too...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Paul Mason - My hubby is gorgeous and loves skiing too! infact, it was him that introduced me to skiing. He does have problems keeping up with me from time to time but he also loves skiing as much as me. Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I love the beauty of the mountains too Snowbird when it's all snowy and white. However, Mr Snowy's sole mission is to get back to the lift queue as quickly as possible he loves to ski so much.

I think different things about skiing must appeal to different people...

I was reading in a magazine yesterday, how to:

1. Do a 180 degree jump
2. Jump off a cornice without killing yourself.

...but I might give those a miss.
Are there any jumpers here in this forum? How do you do your first jump?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowy wrote:
How do you do your first jump?

Usually by accident Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My first 2 jumps were perfect and I thought Yes!! I am a natural, until my following attempts when I came crashing down and lost all confidence.
I went on a half pipe for the first time last year in Andorra and done a magnificant jump and I was very surprised to land on two skis - Oh what fun Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You also landed on Elvis in Soldeu but you havent mentioned that yet.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

I haven;t been on a sumer holiday since I first went skiing. All mya mates goin on mountain biking holidays every summer, and I'd love to join them, but that would mean diverting money from a skiing holiday.

I currentky take a ski holiday twice a year. No chance I'm giving one up for a summer holiday. I suppose I could save up for a sumer holiday - but I could also save up for that third ski trip

NBT - I have taken 3 ski holidays for the last 3 yrs. I have just finished paying for last season's and I am raring to go again - thank God for credit cards!!!

I have friends who are teachers and fit in 6/7 weeks per season - lucky Fitzwilliams!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gordyjh wrote:
I have friends who are teachers and fit in 6/7 weeks per season - lucky Fitzwilliams!

School teachers? How on earth do they manage to get time off during the winter (or do they all head south for the summer)?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowy, I'd say by learning how to jump without a "jump"first - straight run, shallow pitch - flex ankles, knees, stay centered and sink down a bit - then pop up and try and land quietly (softly) centered back on your skis. Try to feel you landed on the centre of your skis and not biased towards your tips or tails. Then as you get used to this feeling, start to look for natural LITTLE bumps to re-create this popping feeling and again landing softtly. Just build it up and never pop off anything you feel uncomfortable with to start with - you'll be asking how to do your first grab in no time wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowy, have a read of this excellent summary; 10th post down by 'SeanB'
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=23103
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Same sort of story as the rest on here. Went skiing for the first time a few years ago with the wife and her family, who all skied before and got completely hooked. Have made sure we get two ski hols a year, maybe three this year and don't bother with the summer hols. Just love being outside doing something rather than cooking on a beach somewhere.
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk

Yes, schoolteachers - they get 1 week 1/2term during the winter term, 2 weeks Xmas holidays, 1 week 1/2term in February, hols @ Easter, Whitsun etc. It all adds up!
ski holidays
Gordyjh, yes, I suppose if you start the season with a week in October then finish with a week at the end of May you could just about get seven weeks in. They'd need a rich partner though, to pay for all those holidays at peak season!
snow report
They ARE partners! Anyway, why teach if you don't make good use of all those holidays?
ps They also usually go backpacking for 4-5 weeks in the summer - last year it was southern India & Sri Lanka, this year it was Costa Rica. I believe their mortgage is small and they have no dependents. They are both in relatively senior posts at comprehensive schools in the Midlands.

I'm just jealous as I only get 4 weeks holiday a year, otherwise I would be doing something similar myself!
snow report
Gordyjh wrote:
They ARE partners! Anyway, why teach if you don't make good use of all those holidays?
ps They also usually go backpacking for 4-5 weeks in the summer - last year it was southern India & Sri Lanka, this year it was Costa Rica. I believe their mortgage is small and they have no dependents. They are both in relatively senior posts at comprehensive schools in the Midlands.

I'm just jealous as I only get 4 weeks holiday a year, otherwise I would be doing something similar myself!

Small mortgage, no kids, long holidays. Sounds ideal!
ski holidays
Thanks for the advice lbt and dg3. I actually wrote that message a year ago and somehow Gordyjh picked up the old thread so I thought for a minute someone else was calling themselves Snowy... d'oh! Blush

Since then I've done about 100 days of skiing (all in Whistler) and have now got the hang of jumps - well little jumps and jumps no more than 90 degrees anyway!

I should really be a fantastic skier with all those days skiing except if anyone was out in Whistler last season they'll know there wasn't much snow until March. However I'm good at ice-skiing (afternoon at the top of the Saddle), schmoo-skiing (down by Red chair), puddle skiing (above Glacier Creek Lodge on Blackcomb) and side-slipping rocks (the Cirque). Shocked

Next season I plan to learn to ski on "snow". I'm sure it'll be a breeze after last season. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy