Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Nemesis 165 on eBay real or wrong un ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
coz of the exchange rate I spied a brand new K2 Nemesis on eBay in the states last night. To buy outright the guy wants $319 - works out £168 nicker. RRP in the UK is about £340 - £350. Even with shipping from the us at roughly $100 it works out about £220 ish - Bargain !!!!

But

the photo shows it shrink wrapped and the graphic are differnt from the 2003-04 165 model. It doesn't state what year but if not this I would assume last years. Would there really be a huge difference in a year. the construction sound the same and features (risers for big footers) seem to be all there...but am worried about buying a either an inferior model or possibly a dud? the seller seems to have a good rating so looks trustworthy.

Any advice, ideas, comments? Any issues on import tax.. I remeber someone mentioning this before .. but as its from eBay and a seemingly independant seller.. should get through customs without being clobbered ?

and am I being really vain... Embarassed I think the 03-04 graphic is much nicer.. but then again.. it's what initially caught my eye before reading the spec.

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
REI are doing the Nemesis new for USD330:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=40000008000&langId=-1&storeId=8000&categoryId=4501649

With the exchange rate at an 11yr high, now's the time to buy!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers Plake.. will check it out... and certainly is the time to buy... shame I can't organise a trip to the states right now....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Damn.... £215 nicker including shipping... but they haven't got my size... rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thing is.....with 2nd hand gear you have no idea what's gonna turn up condition wise.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Its not 2nd hand.

I picked up a Fish in September for half list price as it was last seasons graphic.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah was new.. but last years model as well... still wrestling with credit card.. I wanna buy it.... but ... do I really need to ?? MAy wait and get this years next year... if that makes sense ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Always a difficult call, but if monies tight it might be worth waiting for next year, then again with the current exchange rate...... Oh I don`t know rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy